PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 Bucketless Wash - Opinions

Pages : [1] 2 3

capt512
02-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I was at the autoparts store and noticed that they had Eagle 1 Bucketless wash, I am usually very sceptical of anything like this, but figured for $5 to supposedly get 60 washes I would try it.

The Eagle 1 sprayed on well, though I think I may have put a little much on the car. I says 1-2 sprays per panel, I put 5-6 to make sure i got proper lubrication.

Results - Seemed to take all dirt and grime off. No scrubbing required. Doesn`t seem to take any wax off, and actually seemed to make it shine deeper.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

SilverLexus
02-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Eagle One makes terrific products IMHO. I love their A2Z wheel cleaner, their tire swips and their WET car wash. Good value for the money.

I did not know they had a bucketless wash.

chml17l
02-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for bringing this new product to my attention. I was considering trying the Mother`s Trigger Wash which seems to be very similar; however, I saw posted on the Mother`s website that they will be discontinuing it. This type of product may still be a niche market, but your recommendation will keep me on the lookout for it.

Finally got to try this the other day and was impressed. Pre-rinsed car with pressure washer and EO soap. Good bottle sprayer that delivers a fine mist. Only used one rinse bucket--no separate soap bucket needed. 1-2 sprays per major panel gave good lubrication and sheepskin mit glided smoothly. After rinsing, it left the paint clean and glossy without any residue. I think I prefer it to the regular EO car wash.

ntoddalbert
02-15-2005, 11:31 AM
I will be looking for this product myself, I find Eagle One to be as good as its gets when it comes to OTC products. Lately with the weather here being nasty I would really like to try a prewash, I am going to make a upa spray bottle with some Griots car wash soap and water and use that but this also looks promising as a pre wash. I will still follow up with a Sheep Mitt and the proper soap afterwards.

AlexRuiz
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I will try it. We just had a thread about eagle one products before.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50365]Eagle ( [url) one thread[/URL]

GoodnClean
02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Cool, I`ll have to try it sometime when I`m going to use the touchless.

MorBid
02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
It must be pretty new. I just looked at their website and it`s not even listed.

capt512
02-16-2005, 08:09 AM
I think it is pretty new, I haven`t seen it at my advanced auto before. THey also have the new NXT paste wax, so they seem to be carrying fairly new items

tripper_11
02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Is this sort of like QEW? have no idea...but I want to try it too...

EBPcivicsi
02-16-2005, 09:01 AM
^ Nope, it still requires a rinse. I see no way that this product can improve my processs. You still need a bucket to rinse your mitt, might as well use a traditional car wash. :nixweiss

Bill D
02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Yep, you`d think they`d release a product to compete with QEW as the general population doesn`t know about it and might be highly interest if EO made their own.

tripper_11
02-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

^ Nope, it still requires a rinse. I see no way that this product can improve my processs. You still need a bucket to rinse your mitt, might as well use a traditional car wash. :nixweiss

:D :D :D

ntoddalbert
02-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I picked up a bottle today at vatoZone. Nice smell, I think it was 3.99 a bottle and the sprayer is nice, same size and shape as the AZ wheel cleaner.

I used it more as a pre soak, it didnt do much for me or my dirt. I did not use it for its intended purpose though. I will have to try it for the intended use next time, I already had a bucket full of Griots wash when i started. Fot those guys who keep switching mitts and religiously rinse them off this might have place in your arsenal.

One more thing the label made it look like this bottle would do 80 car washes, Im half done after the first one...

Im such a sucker for new stuff.....

MorBid
02-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey capt512;

Is this stuff like QEW or the product from Stage One.

Stage One has a pre-wash that you spray onto panels and rinse off before washing..

edited...........

Nevermind, I found some info here (http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/news-detail.asp?news_id=53834&news_category_id=4)

raymond_ho2002
02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Yep, you`d think they`d release a product to compete with QEW as the general population doesn`t know about it and might be highly interest if EO made their own.

Going a bit off topic here, but I really think protect-all really should fire their marketers. I can`t believe such a useful product remains so obscure after more than a decade. Why haven`t more companies tried to emulate their product??