PDA

View Full Version : Malco Rejuvenator

KenGVR4
02-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Long before I had heard of Autopia, in a desperate bid to remove water spots from my Dodge Dakota (the water in Hawaii is HARD!), I bought a bottle of this Rejuvenator product. Some years later, and a lot of searching and learning about what products work well according to the discriminating folks on this fine site, I have found very little about my mystery product.

Anyway, I`m curious as to what this stuff is? Cleaner/Wax? Polish? A more aggressive cutting compound? Any equivalent/similarities to the products that are popular among Autopians? (not necessarily the quality of the product, but more what the application would be)

Thanks for your input.

imported_wblynch
02-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I have used that stuff and it`s great. I don`t know what`s in there but it really made my Red Mustang look gorgeous.

Mizzuri
02-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Malco Rejuvenator is a like a cleaner wax/ Its a one step product with a mild abrasive close to Meguiars DACP and sealant. It is a very thick product and has lots of filling properties.

Alot of Car washes use it one or two step detailing, either on a rotary or by hand. It suits them cause most dont know what they are doing and it hides all of their mistakes from the client.

I once saw a so called "detailer" from a car wash buffing a new Saab with dark blue single stage paint with Rejuvenator and a 3M cutting pad on a rotary as a one step detail. when i asked what he was doing he said, " looks pretty good ha?"

Ah well. Its a good product if you use if for its intended purpose. You will get a better result with a three or more step process.

SVR
02-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I`ve got that too. A very nice product that really resurected the paint on the white hilux I was driving for a while.

I believe it`s a 1200-1600 grit cutting compound with synthetic polymer wax in it and cleaners.

Don`t use it that much but I do like it

Worked better on a wool pad than foam for me. Don`t use wool anymore though

Mizzuri, where ya been bud?????

Mizzuri
02-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Been around, broke my dig cam so no pics. Just finished a Alfa 156 Sports today, black single stage. Menzerna and klasse and edge pads. the key was Menzerna FP and White Edge pad. MAde all the difference.

SVR
02-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I`ve got edge pads now as well along with Menz IP, FP, Powergloss (love that stuff) and FMJ

Tryed to PM you but your inbox is full

Trying to organise a mini autopian meet in melbourne somewhere between feb 25-27. Tegboy is interested. I am going to Ford Performance Vehicles weekend in my Tickford XR6

The other week I did a 1983 black Porsche 911. Coated the paint, glass, leather, wheels, tires and ext plastics

Customer was thrilled.

Will have to experiment more with Rejuv, will try it on a 1975 kingswood wagon that`s at work

need your expertise with a rotary to help me master it.

Getting better but still a long way to go, no burns and most of the time, no holograms.

KenGVR4
02-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I tried it out on my (new to me) 97 Maxima with the PC, and the crappy white polish pad they give you with the 7336"kit", and the results were hit and miss. On a quick 2 step (the Rejuvenator followed up w/ NXT) it looks pretty good, but I guess undoing 7 years of automatic car washing and parking under trees (DAMN BIRDS!) will take a bit more work than winter light and temps will allow. Note, clay bar is hard to work at 38F! Haha, stupid me.

It removed some of the swirling, some of the minor paint defects, but I ran out of daylight and the pictures came out poorly. I think a polish pad isn`t enough to properly work this product, however. I`ll take pictures again once the sun comes back to visit!

I have a friend who wants me to work on his badly waterspotted 91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, I`ll do some real testing on someone else`s *cough* screwedup paint *cough*. :)