PDA

View Full Version : Please help me choose products.

jorgeinmiami
11-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum. I`m going to ask a few questions. I know I will get a lot of different opinions. Basically I want to know what are the best brands on products,
And equipment.

I need to know products that I need to buy
For a complete detail.
Interior, exterior. Waxes ect.
I do not really know anything about waxing
And detailing.
Also what is a good buffer to start with...
Just the basic items needed to do a complete detail... Let me know wich brands are the best..

Thanks

Jngrbrdman
11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Check the link in my signature. Also check out www.ocdetails.com for some other articles that I have written as well to help out new detailers. I think I have pretty much addressed all of your questions in those articles. :bigups :welcome to Detail City!

Holyghostfilled
11-22-2004, 06:05 PM
:welcome

Jngrbrdman has the best step by step process you can start with. Remember have fun and pay attention to the details.

Daniel
:ghost

Nickc0844
11-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey Jorge, welcome to THE CITY :welcome

As for polishes, waxes and such, my suggestion would be to hang out and read for about a week or so. My best products might not be the same as another fine member`s favorite. Also, one company might have the best wax available, but another will have the best intermediate polish. Don`t be afraid to mix and match through the companies, that is what makes detailing so fun. :jump

Read a bit in the Sponsor`s forums, the car care product discussions, and do make sure to use the Search function for items you come by that you like. You`ll be surprised at how much info there might be on it already.

As for a Dual Action Polisher, the Porter Cable is hands down the best value out there. DeWalt makes one as well that works great.

Have a great time here on DC
:dcrules

TDMAN
11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey Jorge, welcome to THE CITY :welcome

As for polishes, waxes and such, my suggestion would be to hang out and read for about a week or so. My best products might not be the same as another fine member`s favorite. Also, one company might have the best wax available, but another will have the best intermediate polish. Don`t be afraid to mix and match through the companies, that is what makes detailing so fun. :jump

Read a bit in the Sponsor`s forums, the car care product discussions, and do make sure to use the Search function for items you come by that you like. You`ll be surprised at how much info there might be on it already.

As for a Dual Action Polisher, the Porter Cable is hands down the best value out there. DeWalt makes one as well that works great.

Have a great time here on DC
:dcrules
I agree about the Porter Cable. But I wouldn`t suggest you get a rotary buffer until you have used an orbital. Orbitals such as Porter Cable, Cyclo etc. won`t burn the paint like a rotary buffer can. I`m not sure DeWalt makes an orbital.

mgm2003
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome to DC!

Good advise in the posts above, hang out and read for a week. You`ll learn a TON of information. What works good on dark colors vs. light colors, how to correct defects, what`s durable during the winter months, etc....

Then write down a few things:
1) What color is your car.
2) What is the paint condition.
3) What is your budget.
4) What are you after: shine, durability, fixing scratches, etc....
5) How much time do you plan to dedicate per week/month.

I would suggesst contacting one of the site sponsors. They are all top notch professionals and very helpful. They will help identify the products that best meet your needs and budget.