PDA

View Full Version : ? on ordering Zaino.

6']['9
02-14-2005, 06:22 PM
a customer of mine is requesting zaino, i currently have a tad bit left of Z2 but i dont have enough. Im gonna order some by the end of the week. My ? is if im going to order Z2 pro do i need the ZFX or can i use some z1 that i already have. I figure if i only apply one coat i dont need the ZFX also what else do i need.

My process is going to be like this.

wash

clay

IP

FP

AIO

Z2

its for a porshce.

how does that sound. Im not much of a fan of zaino so educate me if im missing something.

Thanks

jay

colche
02-14-2005, 06:35 PM
According to Zaino -- you need either ZFX or Z1 with Z2 to properly bond for maximum durability. The only advantage

in ZFX over Z1 now with Z2-Pro is the decreased curing time (instead of waiting 24 hours to add another layer, wait 20 minutes).

So, if I were you, I`d just use the existing Z1.

VictoryRed
02-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Get the ZFX, its so much easier and works so much better with Z2. As the richman said: "It takes just a little bit more to go First Class."

6']['9
02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
thanks guys ill order the zfx, the z1 i currently have is old like from 99 so i dont know if its any good or not. :(

togwt
02-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by 6`][`9

thanks guys ill order the zfx, the z1 i currently have is old like from 99 so i dont know if its any good or not. :(

Direct from Sal Zaino:

When stored in a cool dry place. Avoiding extreme heat or cold. Shelf Life is as follows:

Z-1 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-6 5 years +

Z-7 5 years +

Z-9 5 years +

Z-10 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results keep tightly capped and use before 18 months

JonM

buzzb
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
hey 6`][`9

I might also suggest that AIO is not "needed" after FP (no oils or fillers) unless you are trying to achieve a certain look. This might save you a step in your plan. Hope this helps! Sounds like a great plan so I hope you can post pics!

ZaneO
02-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by buzzb

hey 6`][`9

I might also suggest that AIO is not "needed" after FP (no oils or fillers) unless you are trying to achieve a certain look. This might save you a step in your plan. Hope this helps! Sounds like a great plan so I hope you can post pics!

This is a very good point. I don`t use AIO when using Menzerna.

If you already have Z1, you could use it in place of the AIO step you had planned (granted that it`s still good)...won`t take anything extra that way.

6']['9
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

This is a very good point. I don`t use AIO when using Menzerna.

If you already have Z1, you could use it in place of the AIO step you had planned (granted that it`s still good)...won`t take anything extra that way.

thanks i already ordered it i just got the Z2pro and the ZFX just in case if my z1 is bad which it probably is.

ZaneO
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
You`ll be good to go. Hope you and your client are really happy with them.