PDA

View Full Version : Best pad to use with AIO?

benpocock
02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I`ve just trawled through pages upon pages of threads on AIO which have been extremely informative; however there is still one question that nobody has directly tackled:

What`s the best pad to apply AIO with? I was going to use the green Sonus DAS, but it seems that some people use the blue instead - or doesn`t it really matter?

Also while I`m here - does anybody make (and if so is it worth getting) a pad that`s less aggressive than the blue Sonus DAS? I`ve seen mention of a red CMA pad or something and was just wondering what these might be used for and if they`re really worth having in the cupboard?

Thanks once again,

Ben.

Asonyexec
02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Ive used both the green & blue sonus pads with AIO, didn`t see much of a difference. I`m not a prof detailer but I would say with the sonus, if you stay away from the orange pad & AIO you should be ok.:xyxthumbs

AutoNova
02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Use the Meg`s pads and if you do apply with the polisihing or finish pad. I have my AIO in a spray bottle and that helps alot in misting the pad.

Gonzo
02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
When I`ve applied AIO by machine, I`ve only ever used a LC gray pad. I have some blue ones in my pad box and will try them on my next detail.

Mark Waldron
02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I`ve used the white, orange, and yellow Lake Country pads. I choose which pad to use depending on what I`m trying to do. I`ll use the white pad for a vehicle in great shape. I`ll use the orange pad for vehicles that need more deep cleaning and the yellow to get out minor oxidation and badly imbedded grime, etc. in the paint. Being a chemical cleaner and not an abrasive one, you don`t have to worry about hurting the surface unless your using a rotary.

Scottwax
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
I use either the Meguiars polishing pad, or the blue Propel Pad, which is the more aggressive finishing pad in that line.

benpocock
02-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys, think I`ll give it a go with the green and the blue and see what difference it makes. I`ve only got the Sonus DAS pads (4 of each) at the moment as sourcing decent ones here in the UK is a PITA.

Ben