PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Car Care Products

scott_04
02-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey guys I`m new to the site so I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a yellow 2004 Mustang that I bought six months ago. I have invested alot of time and money into my car and want only the best car care products for it that I can apply BY HAND and that will provide long lasting durable protection as well as an awsome reflective shine. I have heard a lot about Zaino and their product seems to be promising, except the step when they want you to use liquid dawn soap to remove the wax build up on the paint! surely theres a better way to remove the old wax build up without jeopardizing the clear coat in the long run. Feel free to correct me if I`m wrong. How many layer of Zaino can you put on a car before it looses its quality(sheen) and needs to be stripped off? Also what do you guys think about Meguiars line of products? I have heard many good things about Meguiars as well. Does Meguiars sell a car kit? Please give me your opinions on some products that you would or wouldn`t recommend, it would be greatley appreciated.:wavey

03COBRA
02-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Scott,

It sounds like you need to look into product like Poorboy`s and Meguiar`s, as far as using products by hand. After you start doing this for a while you will probably get the bite to get a PC, and I would highly rec. it to you. In your case, as product like Zaino would be a great product for you. Now you don`t have to use Dawn to clean the paint. If you want to remove swirls, you need a product like SSR2.5 or Meguiar`s #80/#83 to remove them before applying you LSP (last step product). If you don`t want to remove a lot of swirls, you need a product like Klasse AIO. It is a chemical cleaner that leaves a perfect finish for product like Zaino. Whatever you use first, you want to use AIO before applying Zaino. And I`ve been hearing more and more good things about Zaino Z2-Pro. As far as layers, it`s really all in the prep of the paint, the worst prep in the world won`t look good no matter how many layers you put on the paint. And if you have a well prepped surface, you can use almost any LSP and have a great finish. But I think most people layer sealant about 5 times for a good look. Make sure you do each layer about 12-24 hours apart!

scott_04
02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Since I dont have to use Dawn, do I need to apply something else to get rid of the wax build-up on my car or will the Zaino Clay Bar work? I only have one coat of Meguires Gold Class wax. If I go the Zaino route I plan on purchasing the whole "Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit" that includes:

1. ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

2. Z-2 Pro Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

3. Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.

4. Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.

5. Z-7 Show Car Wash.

6. Z-18 Clay Bar.

7. Two Zaino Custom Polish Applicators.

My car has just minor surface swirls so will the Z-5 work ok before I apply the Z-2 or do you still recommend Klasse AIO?

romar
02-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by scott_04

Since I dont have to use Dawn, do I need to apply something else to get rid of the wax build-up on my car or will the Zaino Clay Bar work? I only have one coat of Meguires Gold Class wax. If I go the Zaino route I plan on purchasing the whole "Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit" that includes:

1. ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

2. Z-2 Pro Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

3. Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.

4. Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.

5. Z-7 Show Car Wash.

6. Z-18 Clay Bar.

7. Two Zaino Custom Polish Applicators.

My car has just minor surface swirls so will the Z-5 work ok before I apply the Z-2 or do you still recommend Klasse AIO?

Since the kit you`re considering includes the clay bar, clay first, then use AIO before applying Z2. It will remove any wax build-up and provide a perfect base for the Zaino products.

togwt
02-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey guys I`m new to the site so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I think you should post in the `University` section for X posts before posting elsewere. (Check the `Rules` on the home page)

I hope you have a satisfying experience with Zanio...

JonM

scott_04
02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
So before applying any Zaino product, clay first and then use Klasse AIO to remove any old wax build up and then start to apply Zaino? Does using Klasse AIO basically replace the Dawn soap step? Where can I purchase Klasse AIO? Thanks guys, I don`t know too much about these products but I`m learning and your info has been very helpful.

Eliot Ness
02-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes; wash, clay, then AIO. AIO will remove any wax/sealer left on your paint and leave a good base for Z. Here is one place to buy AIO:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kla-10.html

scott_04
02-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks looked up the web site. Instead of using Zaino`s line of products, what do you think about using Klasse AIO followed by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or should I just stay with the Klasse Aio followed by Zaino?

Scottwax
02-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Sealant Glaze is a nice product but it can be finicky to use. Another option would be to use AIO and top with Meguiars #16 if you like old school, durable paste carnaubas, Wolfgang Sealant if you have dark paint or 4 Star UPP if you have light colored paint or a metallic.

Yes, I know you have yellow paint, but this way everyone reading this thread and wondering what to use now has an option. ;)

scott_04
02-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I have one more question. If I did decide to use the AIO with Zaino, after so many layers of Zaino I`m sure it`s going to need to be stripped off, how would I go about doing that safely?

togwt
02-15-2005, 07:12 AM

I have one more question. If I did decide to use the AIO with Zaino, after so many layers of Zaino I`m sure it`s going to need to be stripped off, how would I go about doing that safely?

Klasse AIO contains a chemical cleaner and will remove the Zanio (in the situation you describe its a 2 for 1) once you`ve removed the Zanio you have a base to start a fressh Zanio process

JonM

scott_04
02-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Does this sound like a good step by step process to follow when starting with Zaino:

1. Wash (Z-7) to remove surface dirt,dust,ect.

2. Clay

3. Rewash car ( Z-7 )

4. Apply AIO ( to remove old wax,road film and light swirl marks. )

5. Start applying Zaino. (since AIO removes light swirl marks, do I need to apply Z-5 "Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches" thats included in the kit after AIO? My car has slight syrface swirls.)

If yall have any other suggestions or changes let me know.

Scottwax
02-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Skip step 3. AIO will remove any leftover clay residue. You also may want to QD the car with Z-6 after AIO but I don`t know for sure if that is really necessary. My understanding is though that between layers of Zaino you should use Z-6.

AIO doesn`t really remove swirls but pad choice (I would use a polishing pad) can help if the swirls are very light.

What you might want to try is Z5 on a section or two and Z2 Pro on a section or two and see what look you like best. I believe Z2 will have a somewhat brighter look.

imported_Burlyq
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM

How many layer of Zaino can you put on a car before it looses its quality(sheen) and needs to be stripped off?

Zaino never needs to be stripped unless you use topper, and I wouldn`t recommend it with new Z2pro (just not necessary). I use AIO, P21s cleanser, or Dawn to strip old stuff before zaino. If the car is treated with Zaino I use Zaino car wash to keep clean and before more coats. Back in the day I would even put twenty coats of Zaino on my own car for fun, but nowadays I put 3 coats on at a time, maybe 4 times a year. You don`t have to put that many but this will ensure your car is always protected. This is my review of the new Zaino, ignore it if you already read it. I would recommed Zaino for any car, it has a wet look, easy to use, and beats anything in durabilty IMO.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50217