PDA

View Full Version : Megs cutting pad

RedMam
02-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Yesterday I asked about the megs cutting pad. I asked if the cutting pad would remove swirl marks better. Most replyed try another pass with the polishing pad and #80 so I did and diden`t get much success. I was told that if I use the cutting pad that it would cause mirroring because it should be used with a rotary. Well I tryed it and WOW looks awesome used the megs ultimate wipe detailing cloth to remove the excess and no MIRRORING NO JOKE. Im going to get a camera this weekend so ill be able to show pics. Thanks

tguil
02-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I agree. I`ve used Meg`s cutting pad on a PC with no problems at all. I used this pad and DACP for some might tough swirls and followed up with Meg`s Swirl Free Polish and a polishing pad. I think that I could have gotten by with just the DACP and the cutting pad.

Tom :cool:

dcswd
02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Never got a chance to reply on your other thread, but I have also had good sucess with Meg`s Cutting Pad on the PC. I usually stay under 6 if that makes any difference. I havent really done any black cars, which would be the ultimate test. But its easy to follow up your work with a lower pad if necessary.

Setec Astronomy
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
I also found the cutting pad to give good results on my badly acid rain/bird poop etched paint. But I had my Meg`s backing plate give up while running at 6 (it overheated and wrinkled). Mike Phillips read me the riot act, advising not using the cutting pad with the PC and not running over 5. :nixweiss

Alfisti
02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I`m pleased to hear that some have had good success with Megs maroon pad.

Unfortunatley, I haven`t. My experience has been what Mike P warns about...too aggressive.

It does remove defects but dulls the paint to a point that I can rarely bring back the shine, no matter what I use after it.

You guys must be charmed. :D

blue-sun
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I used the same pad all last year, and towards the end of the summer, I found it would cause some seriously bad hazing. A few times it was soo bad, that I had to switch to using DACP on a white pad to finish up and even to go over the same areas again to get them clean!

BTW, this was all on a PC.

I don`t know if it was too wet or too dry? I tried spraying it with QD and patting it dry with a towel to moisten and/or dry it out and nothing helped.

I think I started a fwe threads about it, but never got a response. I just orderd a orange LC pad last week, so I`ll go back to using that one again I guess. . .