PDA

View Full Version : Glanz wax questions

ernman
02-13-2005, 11:30 AM
I just purchased some glanz wax on closeout for $8.00 / bottle and was wondering what people are using before it.

I have high temp lc, aio, and vm hg.

Why was the wax discontinued?

jeff5614
02-13-2005, 11:42 AM
AIO would be good if you don`t have any marring to remove. If you do then something with an abrasive would be of benefit. I`ve used it with good results following 1Z Metallic Polish.

It wasn`t actually discontinued. Einszett chose to end it`s relationship with some online dealers, Autopia unfortunately being one of those. It`s still available as are the other 1Z products.

imported_pugoman
02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I`ve only used Glanz Wax over 1ZMP and 1ZPP, both with great results - it`s a very easy to use product with virtually zero cure time... so very good if you`re in a hurry. One time I left it on for over an hour before removing and the shine was even better.

I use a small 2oz spray bottle and spray it onto an mf pad then wipe onto the paintwork. Get it on nice and thin for best results (like you would with Klasse SG) then remove with the cloth/towel of your choice.

And yes, it`s supposed to smell like rocket fuel! :D

percynjpn
02-14-2005, 10:11 AM
It has not been discontinued, you just need to find a different dealer in the future. 1Z Glanz looks good over any well-prepped paint, but remember that the solvents in it will remove whatever fillers/wax are already on the paint.

percynjpn
02-14-2005, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pugoman

One time I left it on for over an hour before removing and the shine was even better.

QUOTE]

Pugoman, that`s very interesting; how big of a difference was there in the shine, and was removal much more difficult?

Thank you.

imported_pugoman
02-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Not a `massive` difference, but it was noticable to me.

If I remember correctly, it was the second application I done when I left it on for over an hour. (I gave my car two coats just to ensure even coverage.) 1st coat was on a Saturday, the second on the Sunday.

Removal was just the same as when you leave it for 30 seconds... very easy