PDA

View Full Version : Too much product

BigChevMan
02-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Ok...so I got to looking at my products this weekend after my mini detail of my car last weekend. Anyway...I hardly used any FPII...but I used probably a 1/4 to a 1/3 of my VM. I know that`s way too much to use..but it seemed to be what was needed. How do you tell?

Kleanride
02-13-2005, 02:27 PM
To me, its how easy the product comes off. If I feel like I have been rubbing product around (as opposed to taking it off with a MF towel), then I know I used to much product. I go panel by panel (apply then remove) to prevent that from happening all over the car.

This is kind of hard to explain, but I hope you understand. Someone else will jump in anyway.......!

Good luck

Prometheus
02-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I dont have any personal experience with VM, so i dont know how much this will help, but in my experience, almost all LSP`s (waxes and sealants) work better when applied thinly. For me, this is almost to the point of not being able to see it when you are applying it. Most products when you are applying should be almost clear, maybe *very* slightly milky. Wait a while and most will visibly haze a whiteish color. I have found that most products should be applied as thinly as possible. If you dont think its enough, then do another really thin coat. I look at it this way, it is better to do two thin coats than one thick coat because 1) its really hard to get off when its applied thickly and 2) you conserve product. In general, the thinner the better. I honestly can`t think of a product I have used that needed to be applied thickly for it to work correctly.

Hope this helps