PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice, please

Gonzo
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
A friend nuked the engine in his L and ended up getting engine oil over some of the paintwork. It went in for the engine replacement before he cleaned it off.

What can be used to remove the 3-week old oil on his paint?

I hesitate to recommend a Dawn wash or two and was thinking more along the lines of a triple dose of car wash soap, maybe a couple of times. I also have some Akrya Kleen.

Thanks for your suggestions

JeffM
02-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I would just wash it with some carwash soap, then do a mini detail on it.

stilez
02-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I would pre-soak in a light dilution of APC. I usually for badly soiled vehicles, hose down, soak in an APC dilution, then go about my wash as normal.

Obviously it would requite a re- polish/wax.

Gonzo
02-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Yup, a polish job is in the schedule. I`ll tell him to get some Meg`s APC and clean up the truck then wash it good as soon as he gets it back.

Thanks

togwt
02-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Just a thought on how things have changed-the car came back from a repair shop with the oil stains still on the vehicle? (whatever happened to `a job well done`) I do know the answer will be `time is money` but still..

Soak the stains with P21S Total Auto Wash (a citrus-based cleaner will avoid polishing the clear coat) let it dwell and then rinse off, spot clean any residue and then apply a protective sealant/wax

JonM

Accumulator
02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the P21S TAW might be a good thing to try and is probably what I`d try first, but then I have some here on hand. If that didn`t get it I`d use AutoInt`s "A" product from the ABC system. Heh heh, it`s sorta like Dawn on steroids, so I sure wouldn`t hesitate to just try Dawn as a convenient alternative. And something like PrepSol oughta do it too.

All the things we`re recommending are a lot harsher than Dawn and you can explain it`s just a one-time thing to deal with the extraordinary circumstances.