PDA

View Full Version : Pc 7336sp

porterror
02-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Saw this model at loews for $99, this a good deal? and is this the same as there 7424 or 7428? how well willthis work for me?

Thanks.:nixweiss

JeffM
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
its the one i have. Order a pad kit, and your off and running :)

porterror
02-12-2005, 08:34 PM
wow. i`m excited they have a couple at the local store. I`ve been eye`n that sonus pad kit. And i`m also a little nervous taking the step to machine. I`ve been doing detailing by hand for about a year now and I`ve got`n really good at it. What should I expect from this machine? better results? quicker? more fun? I`m mainly getting this machine cause i`m sick of some swirls I can`t remove by tough hand polishing, I`m hope`n this will help!

White95Max
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by porterror

wow. i`m excited they have a couple at the local store. I`ve been eye`n that sonus pad kit. And i`m also a little nervous taking the step to machine. I`ve been doing detailing by hand for about a year now and I`ve got`n really good at it. What should I expect from this machine? better results? quicker? more fun? I`m mainly getting this machine cause i`m sick of some swirls I can`t remove by tough hand polishing, I`m hope`n this will help!

The PC will yield easier, faster results. Your arms won`t be so tired after trying to remove swirls. And defects will come out much faster than you can acheive by hand.

The 7336 is basically the same as the 7424.

joshcaro
02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
You wont ever regret the purchase..in fact you are going to wish you got it a long time ago. Not only does it have 10000 times better results, its quicker (by far), and a whole lot more fun. Its a very very very simple machine to operate and takes basically no learning curve. Your hand is not going to do much for swirls unless you are Superman or something. Now just make sure you pick the right products to correct the swirls, but do a little searching and you should have no problem.

porterror
02-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Right now I have SSR2 + ScratchX,but I`ve heard amazing results from #80. Also, are the sonus pads the best to with? The $50 kit that includes everything? or should I just purchase the 3 color pads w/o the plate?

JeffM
02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
I would get the one with the plate, your gonna need it.

Also, if you think you will be doing this alot, get an extra polish and light cutting pad.

dont forget the MF`s :)

Dave N
02-13-2005, 12:09 AM
The backing plate is a must-have. The one that comes with the 7336 is only for those stick-on sandpaper pads. I haven`t used the Sonus pads myself, but that looks like a good deal for the 3 pads, 2 bonnets, and the flexible backing plate. I personally like the orange power pads because they will remove swirls and you usually don`t have to follow up with a softer pad.

If it`s within your budget, you should definitely get a PC. If you like the results of #80 by hand, you`ll love what it can do by machine!

paul9luap
02-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JBM

its the one i have. Order a pad kit, and your off and running :)

werd. that`s exactly what i did over thanksgiving.

porterror
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
hmm. my dad`s advising me away from the purchase, because he had some bad experience with an old buffer he had that gave him "odd lines" on his car? But the buffer he used, was a Sears Craftsman - Model - 315.10670

Setec Astronomy
02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by CutNAction

Your hand is not going to do much for swirls unless you are Superman or...

...Scottwax!

EnduroExpertFSR
02-15-2005, 04:52 AM
hmm. my dad`s advising me away from the purchase, because he had some bad experience with an old buffer he had that gave him "odd lines" on his car? But the buffer he used, was a Sears Craftsman - Model - 315.10670

that buffer does you no good thats his problem i can send you numbers and numbers of before and after pictures of cars me and friends have done and just of other peoples work and he would be sold instantly

togwt
02-15-2005, 08:19 AM
"hmm. my dad`s advising me away from the purchase, because he had some bad experience with an old buffer he had that gave him "odd lines" on his car? But the buffer he used, was a Sears Craftsman - Model - 315.10670"

Trust me on this (and I used to use one) it`s not even close to a Craftsman.

"Saw this model at loews for $99, this a good deal? and is this the same as there 7424 or 7428? how well willthis work for me?"

PC 7424 & 7336sp

There are two model numbers 7336SP and 7424 both machines are identical, but they come equipped slightly differently. The 7336SP, sander polisher comes with a 6-inch counterweight, Porter-Cable outfits the 7424 Polisher with a 5-inch counterweight and a 6-inch foam-polishing pad, PN 54745.

PC7428

Porter-Cable`s powerful polisher is the big brother to the outstanding 7336SP. The 7428 is a variable speed circular (rotary) polisher. It boasts features such as a speed-limiting dial wheel, variable-speed trigger, lock-on switch, and a hook and loop backing plate. The speed-limiting dial wheel and the variable-speed trigger work together for maximum control and flexibility, simply set your upper-limit and pull the trigger, you can then control the actual speed just by increasing or decreasing pressure on the trigger. No need to worry about going faster than youâ€â„¢d like.

Between hand application and using a PC there is a world of difference to the point you`ll never turn back...enjoy

JonM