PDA

View Full Version : 1st Detail W/ new Products

imported_Shaun Carollo
02-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I`m about to start work on my RSX-S (Nighthawk Black Pearl.) My plan of attack is as follows:

#4 Heavy Cut cleaner on all exterior glass (interior is tinted)

Stainless Exhaust tip Polishing w/ TOL`s "Magic Mix"

Powergloss on all deep scratches

Intensive Polish

Final Polish

All via rotary w/ LC flat compounding and polishing pads.

Klasse AIO, this is my first time using klasse. I have a cyclo but my past experiences with faulty pads makes me hate it. Should I go at it by hand? I have terry cloth and Microfiber applicators; which is better?

Meguiars #20 Sealant (I can`t believe this doesn`t get used more often because for me it works wonders)

Pinnacle Souveran

Meguiars NXT spray wax?

Meguiars Final Inspection

Will the spray wax help/hinder my finished product? I know they are two totally different things but I also have Final Inspection. What should I put on?

I will be sure to post pics in 4-5 hours.

Thanks for the help,

Shaun Carollo

Pats300zx
02-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Shaun,

I would recommend using the Megs FI as your quick detailer. The Booster Spray is meant to be used more suppliment to waxing after you wash when you don`t want to do a complete wax.

I would use FI for maintenance and BS for when you want a littlle more "pop".

6']['9
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
id say use 5* as your LSP. 20 is a great product looks even better when topped.

audipower
02-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Welcome!!!

Oh man you got to post a pic of your car. I almost bought one but I couldn`t live in it, so I bought a house.

Anyways. The cyclone is very aggresive for me. For ME! Try using a mf bayonett on the cyclone when applying AIO. It will put it on lighter so it`s not a pain to remove. Just put a dime size on it. I use a popsicle stick to spread it accross the bayonett. Oh I can`t spell also. Get used to it!

I would use a less abrasive polish, not a finishing polish throughout the whole car and see where you stand with problem areas. Then work with the aggresive polish on your scratches and problem areas. Then when you get it all the problem areas out use a finish polish. IF you wash your car correctly and use the right products you shouldn`t have to agressive polish for long time. Then you can stick to AIO or polish/paint cleaner combos

I`ll start some controversy. NXT isn`t what you want. I use P21S wax or Souveran on that black. Also put a coat of Klasse SG to protect that prettttty paint. Give it that deeeeep black like it never ends.

Oh gets some Sonus Acrylic Spritz or Sonus Carnuba Spritz for a quick after wash shine.

POST SOME PICS!!