PDA

View Full Version : Two quick PC Pad questions

benpocock
02-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Just had my PC delivered but wanted to know two things before I start.

1. Should I wash the pads before I use them? (I bought the Sonus Wash as well).

2. The white pad that comes in the PC box - what Sonus DAS pad is that equivalent to? I`m assuming green?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

White95Max
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
1. Sure. It can`t hurt. I didn`t wash mine before the first use, but it probably would be a good idea.

2. The factory white pad has been known to be good for next to nothing. Most people never use it. I`m going to try it with Mothers map/alum polish on my valve cover this spring, but I don`t use it on my paint.

VictoryRed
02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
1. You don`t have to.

2. Slice it off the backing plate, cut it in two and use it for a tire swipe.

imported_The Uncle
02-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I thought I might use the factory pad with a microfiber bonnet over it.

benpocock
02-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Think I`ll end up taking VictoryRed`s suggestion re: the white pad as although I could use a MF bonnet over it, I can`t be bothered with continually changing the backing plate each time I want to polish out.

However, saying that how the hell do you get the Sonus MF bonnets over the DAS pads - they`re tiny, or have mine been shrunk in the wash before being delivered?!

Ben

Eliot Ness
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by BenP

......However, saying that how the hell do you get the Sonus MF bonnets over the DAS pads - they`re tiny, or have mine been shrunk in the wash before being delivered?!.......

I haven`t used a DAS bonnet over a DAS pad, but according to this thread they are a very tight fit:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50376&highlight=fit

I have used a MF bonnet (I think from Autogeek) on a 6.5" orange LC pad, the fit was tight, but it did go on OK. Hmmmm, I just tried it on my orange Propel pad (about the same size as the DAS) and the fit was too tight.

I`d say if you want to use that bonnet you`ll have to find a 6/6.5" orange LC pad for it, otherwise as you mentioned, you`ll have to change the backing plate each time you use the white PC pad.