PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys spray & gloss: how would it compare?

III
02-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Granet, this product is pretty new, but any opinions on how it would compare to Clearkote`s quickshine and Adam`s QD?

03COBRA
02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Don`t get me wrong, I like Poorboy`s products, but S & G doesn`t hold a candle to Adam`s QD! IMO And I have never used Quikshine, but I have heard it`s pretty good as well!!

94BlkStang
02-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by O4cobra

Don`t get me wrong, I like Poorboy`s products, but S & G doesn`t hold a candle to Adam`s QD! IMO And I have never used Quikshine, but I have heard it`s pretty good as well!!

Have you used the new Poorboys S&G or is it that you are just that fond of Adams product? This product just came on to the market very recently.:)

03COBRA
02-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Have you used the new Poorboys S&G or is it that you are just that fond of Adams product? This product just came on to the market very recently.:)

I was sent a sample of it from Steve of Poorboy`s. It`s kind of a purple color, not the green that the production S&G is, so maybe there is a little bit of difference. But I was sent the sample about a week before S&G was made available. So if they are anywhere near the same, Adam`s is better. And yes I am fond of Adam`s DS, but only because it`s a great product!

94BlkStang
02-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by O4cobra

I was sent a sample of it from Steve of Poorboy`s. It`s kind of a purple color, not the green that the production S&G is, so maybe there is a little bit of difference. But I was sent the sample about a week before S&G was made available. So if they are anywhere near the same, Adam`s is better. And yes I am fond of Adam`s DS, but only because it`s a great product!

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. Clearkotes Quickshine, Adams DS and Poorboys S&G are the three that I plan on choosing from. Sounds like all 3 products will meet my expectations as it will probably come down to what else I need to order and which one they stock.:D

RobD
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I really like QS. I bought a gallon of QS, having never used it before, because a lot of people here spoke so highly of it. I`m glad I did. It`s excellent on metallics and standard colors, light or dark. It leaves behind a glossy and slick finish. Plus, it`s durable for a QD. I would definitely buy it again. I also like Mother`s Showtime - an excellent otc QD. Turtle Wax`s Platinum Series Ultra Gloss Detailer is another nice otc QD, it really makes colors pop. I caught it on sale for $2.00 and couldn`t resist (not that I needed another QD).

Eliot Ness
02-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I haven`t tried Adam`s yet, but I do have QS and just recently tried S&G for the first time. Since I have only used S&G once I really don`t have a preference yet. One thing to consider, if you`re buying it by the gallon, is QS comes in a concentrated form (you add water), so shipping costs may be less. From the reviews I`ve read about Adam`s, and my experience with the other two, I don`t think any of the three would be a bad choice.

imported_NYV6Coupe
02-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Any thoughts on comparisons between S&G, Adam`s Brilliant QD, Optimum Spray Wax, and Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield?

dcswd
02-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Can S&G even be compared in the same way to the other QDs? It was my understanding that its more like Spray and Wipe (as in a waterless wash) but with added gloss enhancers. So the focus is still on being more of a waterless wash than a regular QD. Am I correct in thinking this?

Eliot Ness
02-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dcswd

Can S&G even be compared in the same way to the other QDs? ............

I think it`s similar enough to a QD in the amount of gloss/shine that it leaves for a comparison. But perhaps more versatile in that (like Adam`s Detail Spray) it can be used on a surface that needs just a little bit of cleaning.....more than a normal QD may offer, but less than S&W.

As far as gloss, in my limited test, it was equal to QS (my favorite QD). I would like to do some other finishes/colors but my initial test of S&G left me impressed.

I think where comparisons become difficult is with a product like Optimum Spray Wax, which isn`t really a QD at all.

Setec Astronomy
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM
From what Poorboy has said in his forum, S&G is for gloss and appearance, with minimal cleaning. As I understand it, if you`re dirty, you would use the S&W first for cleaning, then follow with the S&G for gloss and slickness.

Scottwax
02-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I always go back to Quikshine.