PDA

View Full Version : ok which sealant would you reccomend on a black car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

andrew300
02-10-2005, 10:21 PM
ok i have a jet black m3 and i still cant decide which sealant i want to use. i will use aio first and then top with a sealant and then pinnacle souveran. i need a good looking and very easy product to apply as i dont want to be rubbing hard because the paint is very soft so that is my main concern. i want it to have a good deep look with lots of depth but it doesnt need to be the best as i am topping it with souveran. so my biggest concern is how easy it applys and removes. here is my list, please give me reccomendations only if you have personally used them. i set up a poll to and only vote if you have used them and what you think will fit me best. please vote and then give me your opinons on why you chose it. thanks.

vdog0531
02-10-2005, 10:26 PM
the answer to this question is going to be different for everyone. In addition to this being a completely useless post, it has been covered numberous times. ALSO, no black is the same so different products are going to be suggested for which color black it is ie glossy, metallic, etc. please just search a little and gain some knoweldge so you can answer this question according to your personal tastes.

Vernon

PS. if i were to choose a sealent for black in general, it would be EX

andrew300
02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
i know the answer is going to be different for everyone that is why i said OPINIONS, if its a useless post then why bother posting? its not useless to me as i am making my final decisions on which one to get. i have been searching for months and i know everything about all the products and now i just want some more opinions based on the things i want from the product. i think your post is useless too btw.

imported_MCA
02-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey folks,

I would like to chime in with my opinion. Vernon has an excellent point in that these sealants will look different on different cars even if they are all black. With that said, Scottwax posted a very nice pic of a black bimmer that he used WG and Souveran on. I believe it is somewhere in "the favorite car pic" thread.

Anyways, I have tried WG, FMJ, SG, and EX on my black Mazda6 and must say that I really like the look of WG topped w/ Souveran. WG has a "warmer, deeper" look and is pretty much a WOWO wonder (which definitely fits your requirements). However from my experience, durability has been a problem with this combo (when compared to the other sealants). I really loved the look, feel, and ease of use of FMJ, but whenever I topped it with carnauba, it actually made the overall appearance level go down...I tried natty`s, s100, and Souveran...I wish I could explain it. Last but not least, SG and EX gave me very similar results. They were very reflective and appeared to hide the color of my car if looked at with bright light. In summary I prefer WG (if topped with Souveran and durability is not a concern) and close a second for FMJ (if not topped at all).

I wish I had comparison photos, but some moron decided to break into my apartment and steal my camera (They leave all my nice equipment, but run off with my camera, DVD`s and 6 boxes of Clay Magic). Anyways, please remember that these are my opinions. Vernon was right on when he said that these sealants may not perform consistently on all black cars. I have compared the looks of my Mazda6 to my cousin`s metallic black Honda Accord (btw, we both prefer EX on his car topped w/ s100). The fun is trying out combos that work for you and your car. Keep on Waxin`.

MCA:xyxthumbs

a.k.a. Patrick
02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Your questions and post is valid. Your looking for what detailers prefer, and theres certainly nothing wrong with that.

I`ll give you my views on the above products that I have used in the past, and/or are still using...

*Klasse SG, can be difficult to use for the inexperienced user, heck even experienced. I dont really care for the look it gives, it just lacks a little pop to me, I no longer use it.

*EX, looks great initially, I feel the depth and slickness fades rather quickly, no longer use.

*UPP, is by far my favorite of your offerings, warmth, depth, superior refelctive qualities and durability to boot, expect 8 weeks with it, looks excellent on darks and lights, use with every detail.

*FMJ/Zaino, never used....

*WG, another great looking product, easy to use, but lacks the durability i need....expect 4 weeks or so, along the lines of EX.

Scottwax
02-10-2005, 11:52 PM
My durability experiences with EX and WG have been completely different from Patrick`s, especially EX w/carnauba. I`m getting 4+ months of beading and slickness, plus appearance seems to hold up too. I do wash my customer`s cars with QEW, so that may be part of the reason.

My personal favorites on black are EX and WG since they are the most carnauba-like. I just can`t get completely used to the wet glass look most sealants have on black paint, especially on my car-just looks too bright to me. If I had to pick one, it would be EX since it lasts longer for me than Wolfgang.

beastie
02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I used the Klasse twins on my wife`s black Lincoln LS. It`s really sharp looking. Once I topped it with Souveran, it gained a more liquid look that glowed. S100 also worked well on top of the Klasse twins.

SSQ
02-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I would go for the Klasse as well.

I find it reflecting sharper, and repells water much better than others, which is rather important on a black car.

vdog0531
02-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by manawar

i know the answer is going to be different for everyone that is why i said OPINIONS, if its a useless post then why bother posting? its not useless to me as i am making my final decisions on which one to get. i have been searching for months and i know everything about all the products and now i just want some more opinions based on the things i want from the product. i think your post is useless too btw.

if its a useless post then why bother posting? contradiction?

Vernon

RCBuddha
02-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Manawar,

I`ve found both UPP and EX to be easy to apply and remove. I`m no pro, so like yourself, a product for me has to be easy to work with. I`ve used UPP over AIO (UPC may be a good alternative), and EX over 80 and VM. I`ve found both combos to leave a nice finish that is slick. I`ve had no durability testing of either, but the vehicles i`ve put them on looked fantastic. I`ve topped UPP with a carnuba (S100) but it seemed to take the slickness away, i`m not sure how Souveran would react... I`d suggest getting a bottle of both to try.

Good luck,

Buddha

If it helps, i`ve applied both via a Porter Cable with a Propel finish pad, removed with Excel MF towels.

dogma
02-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Zaino, Z2 Pro Hands down IMO

For me carnuba seems to make my car a dust magnet, Why top it I think the clarity suffers IMO.

sQuashed
02-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Dont listen to vernon`s BS,this is a very useful Thread due to the fact OPINIONS are wanted. Ive used 4Star UPP, EX and the Klasse twins on my Black SS and the EX came out on top. I liked the "deeper" look that EX with Carnuba gave me . Had a couple layers on the car when it got stolen..It was the best lookin stolen car on the road that day.

mgm2003
02-11-2005, 07:26 AM
I like 1 coat of UPP, followed by 1 or 2 coats of EX.

Carl Anderson
02-11-2005, 07:57 AM
I have tried SG and Wolfgang on my Jet Black M3. I recently purchased EX but haven`t yet applied it because I am so satisfied with the AIO Souveran paste combination. I like this better than the AIO Wolfgang Souveran or AIO SG Souveran. And it just takes a little time to apply another coat of that incredible Souveran. This, in my opinion, makes the durability issue moot.

l33
02-11-2005, 08:00 AM
FMJ has everything. Durability, looks(imo) and easy, easy, easy to use. Can`t go wrong with it, its the only thing i`ll use on my black car.