PDA

View Full Version : First post here- Quick questions

99 Maxima SE-L
02-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Hello all, This seems to be THE place to be for detailing buffs. EXCELLENT. At any rate. I have been using z5 and Z2 by hand on my car and have an awesome shine. I will be purchasing a Porter cable in the near future b/c I have a few swirl marks I want to get rid of. It seems the mernzerna is the way to go with the Mernzerna FP. It gets RID of and does not hide the swirls.....Nice. But will it bond with a coat of zaino z5 or z2? Thanks. This is a great place!

imported_Axe
02-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I am not sure FP will get rid of swirl marks, it is a very very fine polish, Menzerna IP on the other hand may well do what you wish. I suspect that once you had used either/both of these products that you would need to re-apply the Zaino.

White95Max
02-10-2005, 04:10 PM
The Menzerna polishes IP then FP will be great for removing swirl marks. I don`t see why Zaino wouldn`t bond to it. There is nothing left that would interfere with bonding.

Nice car by the way! :xyxthumbs

boywonder
02-11-2005, 11:10 AM
99: The Zaino should have absolutely no trouble bonding to the Menzerna. It`s quite common to see people use Klasse and Blackfire with Menzerna and get excellent results and the Zaino should be no different. :D