PDA

View Full Version : 4* UPP on top of a carnuaba?

Spilchy
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I got a free bottle of UPP.

Can it go on top of a carnuaba?

I have Collinite on my car (3 weeks ago). I`m washing it this weekend and wonder if I can top off with UPP?

I want to try out. I have yet to use a sealant on any car except for Klasse.

Thanks!

colche
02-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Free UPP?!? *me wants*!

In answer to the q -- not really. A sealant like UPP will not `bond` properly to a wax. You can do it vice versa though (UPP then wax topper)

Spilchy
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by colche

Free UPP?!? *me wants*!

I placed an order with premiumautocare.com a while back and got it for free! It was a promo or something.

White95Max
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I don`t think you would like the results. I used EX-P on top of Paste Glaz once, and UPP over #16, and both times, the finish was not smooth at all after a couple days. There was obviously a problem. I promptly brought out the AIO/PC and started over.

stilez
02-10-2005, 08:57 AM
First, I don`t think it would bond well and second, it would leave more of the sealant "sterile" look instead of carnauba warmth/depth.

Not that UPP looks terrible, I think you`d be happy stripping it all, going AIO/ UPP x 3 and then think about carnauba topping.

EBPcivicsi
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
IMO, if the paint is preped properly, it will look fine, but if maximum durability is your goal then you will not get it. I find that UPP is most durable over AIO or UPC, I actually prefer to use UPC when using UPP.

imported_memnuts
02-10-2005, 11:15 AM
For some reason I just could not find that added "warmth and/or increased depth" by topping a sealant applied to a f inish that was prepped for natural depth, gloss, and wetness.

Sold my Souveran, Meg 16 & 26 and P21S because this topping deal brought no visible benefit.

For best results you should at least cleanse the paint prior to applying the UPP. JMHO

togwt
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by colche

Free UPP?!? *me wants*!

In answer to the q -- not really. A sealant like UPP will not `bond` properly to a wax. You can do it vice versa though (UPP then wax topper)

I understand that Collinite is a polymer/wax compound just like 4* UPP so there shouldn`t be a problem with bonding.

JonM