PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba over Klasse SG – Thoughts?

imported_SHICKS
02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey everyone-

I plan on doing my full detail with the Klasse twins this spring. I usually do 3-4 layers of SG. Does Carnauba over SG work? I mean will I get a deeper look if I use Souveran or S100 on top of SG, or does SG create a barrier that hinders the performance of carnauba? Maybe just AIO and carnauba to top? I donâ€â„¢t mind maintenance in the summer.

I loved the darker look I got with my Steel Grey car when I used NXT. How does this combo sound, AIO to clean, NXT to Darken, SG to Seal and Souveran to top? Does this work? Or am I getting too optimistic?

I am sure this has been discussed many times, but any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Bill D
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh yes, carnauba over SG is incredible :bow

It`s my standard operating procedure to put on several coats of SG, typically over a week, then top with Souveran via spit shine method: at least another full day. ( I don`t think you need NXT in between AIO and SG and I`m unsure if SG will even bond to NXT, let the carnauba do the darkening/depth adding)

Typical of me, way over the top, you have to really enjoy the process to want to do it, the results are spectacular. :xyxthumbs

imported_The Uncle
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Steve, one thing to consider is that the results you get from the S100 + SG combo will depend on the color of your car. I have a Silver-Blue car and found that adding S100 didn`t do much for the look. It gave it a slightly warmer hue, but didn`t really add shine or depth. Right now, I have SG + UPP, and seem to prefer that combo. I`m going to try #16 as a topper at some point.

imported_SHICKS
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
How about going from S100 to Souveran? Do I have to do anything special if I want to try two different waxes? I don`t want to start over with SG just to change waxes.

Steve

Bill D
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
If you have both already, try one panel with one and another with the other. I don`t think you`ll run into issue topping one with another a little later on but it`s always best to try on a small or inconspicuous area first