PDA

View Full Version : California ARB Response for AIO Discontinuation

Pages : [1] 2 3

jasonmac
02-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Here`s the response I got from the California Air Resources Board regarding AIO. Does anyone have the AIO MSDS and can interpret this?

I have the full ARB regulation (138Kb) as a PDF if you want it.

Good Morning Mr. MacDonald,

I am not familiar with the product you address in your email. However, after 1/1/2005, products that meet the "Rubber & Vinyl Protectant" definition as defined in section 94509(a) of the Consumer Products Regulation are subject to a VOC limit of 10 % by weight. If the product in question has a VOC content greater than 10% it is in violation, and should not be sold in California.

Section 94509(c) contains a "sell through provision" which allows products manufactured prior to the effective date of a VOC limit to be sold in California for up to 3 years. Products utilizing the sell through provision are required to display the date of manufacture or a date code. Products are required to display this date stamp for at least 1 year prior to 1/1//05 in order to take advantage of this sell through.

I`ve linked the web site to the regulation for reference.

Hope this helps,

Nicholas Berger

tom p.
02-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Whoa!!! no more AIO....un-good.

LightngSVT
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
But does AIO contain more than 10% VOC`s? Also this is in California, doesnt apply to the rest of the country (yet anyways).

jasonmac
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, hopefully it`ll still be around for another three years, at least that`s what I`m reading into this...

jasonmac
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by LightngSVT

But does AIO contain more than 10% VOC`s? Also this is in California, doesnt apply to the rest of the country (yet anyways).

That`s why I wanted to see if the MSDS had anything on it -- there`s still hope!

ChippsAChoi
02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Kind of a stupid questions but what is VOC?

togwt
02-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ChippsAChoi

Kind of a stupid questions but what is VOC?

A; Volatile organic chemical (VOC)

There is only one "stupid question" that`s the one that`s not asked.

JonM

Detailr75
02-09-2005, 06:36 PM
What was that question, that wasn`t asked?

hirosh
02-09-2005, 06:54 PM
i do know that other states adopts California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations when it comes to automobile modifications that can change emissions from a car. but would other states also adopt CARB`s VOC regulations as well? maybe even the EPA? if not, could it be possible that AIO cannot be sold in California and other states that would adopt this CARB VOC regulation?

jasonmac
02-09-2005, 07:00 PM
^ I believe that`s the whole reason this possibility was brought up; there`s been no definite answer either way.

I think some of the Klasse dealers would have been notified about selling it to California locations, so hopefully the VOC % is a non-issue with AIO.

ExplorerXLT95
02-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I don`t know, but that way I read that it seemed like places that sell Klasse AIO in California will have to stop. Not those in other states. Also, it says NOTHING about the importing (state-wise) of it, so even someone in California could get it as long as they buy it elsewhere. Just seems like you can`t sell Klasse in California. But I am by no means a legal-eagle.

Shoot, as long as Tampa, FL doesn`t adopt that code, I`m good... CMA all the way :xyxthumbs

CTDiesel
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
VOC - Volatile Organic Compound

imported_wblynch
02-09-2005, 11:53 PM
What is the % of VOC in AIO ?

Has it been confirmed to be over the limit?

MorBid
02-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Some guy in Cali actually imports the Klasse products for redistribution in the USA. No one has ever found a website for it as yet. The information is not on the label?

Can`t be sold in California means just that and it would apply to both brick and motar stores as well as on-line vendors

imported_GDA4
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree with MorBid. Unless you drive outside of CA and buy in, lets say AZ, thats the only way you can get it. Vendors, whether online or in an actual building are not permitted to sell within CA. Some online vendors already have a "disclaimer" saying that a product that exceeds the VOC % will not be shipped to CA.