PDA

View Full Version : Confused over wax`s, Please sound off!!

Maknmony
02-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I`m a bit confused over wax`s. I currently have a 1993 Black Toyota 4x4 truck. I`am going to start with DACP #83, what should the next step be? I also have a 1992 White Bonneville and a 2003 Toyota Camry, like burgandy color, all with good shiney paint. I just ordered VM, i own a PC and a Rotary. What wax will give the most POP to these vehicles? I`m going to place an order soon. Please set me straight, I`m looking for the wettest look possible. Sorry guys i also placed this in another section.

Meg`s NXT

S100

Meg`s #16

???

???

Thanks,

Sellncars

Alfisti
02-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by sellncars

Sorry guys i also placed this in another section.

Self control, old boy. :nono

a.k.a. Patrick
02-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Serious swirls, go with the 83, anything less, go with 80. NXt will get you covered, for a little while, better topped with that 16.......VM is a good start and will give you that nice deep wet look your looking for, then protect with Four Star, or a favored Polymer or Carnauba protectant. Carnauba Moose Wax goes great with the Vanilla Moose, and is surprisingly durable for a Carnauba.

TortoiseAWD
02-09-2005, 09:59 AM
sellncars,

Please, don`t cross-post. Your other thread in Professional Detailers had no responses, so I deleted it.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

imported_flatstick
02-09-2005, 10:11 AM
sellncars , I would give a.k.a. Patrick`s advice a shot, #80 has done a real good job for me and lots of other people who have used it on minor swirls, very easy to use and remove,just take your time and be patient with it, it is usually good to start off with something weaker then moving up to a more agressive product if you need to. if you feel that you need to start with #83 then by all means step down to #80 afterwards. have a good day!

tripper_11
02-09-2005, 10:37 AM
#83 -> #80 -> NXT x 2.

This is a proven formula in MOL!

Good luck!

Big GM Fan
02-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I have used DACP, now its Menzerna power gloss with a LC yellow pad with the buffer. Next is Menzerna intensive or final polish depending on the amount of swirls and light scratches left over. I use the buffer with the LC orange pad with intense, or the white LC pad with the final polish. I like Souveran for my cars, and NXT for customers.

Alfisti
02-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Big GM fan

I have used DACP, now its Menzerna power gloss with a LC yellow pad with the buffer.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but, I was under the belief that Power Gloss was more aggressive than #83. :nixweiss

Big GM Fan
02-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Paul, I only use the power gloss on badly swirled or scrathed surfaces. Most of the time IP does the job. The reason I switched to power gloss was to better match the other Menzerna products I use. The last time I used PG was to remove wet sanding scratches, and it did a fine job with very little swirling. Tom

jmsc
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
when you say buffer with Menz PG, what kind of machine are you using...PC, Cyclo, Rotary?

zainoshine
02-11-2005, 10:32 PM
All of the Menzerna polishes are said to really shine (no pun intended) with rotary use, although I`ve had quite good results with a PC, depending on pad.

Also, if anyone has tried both Meg`s DACP and #80, would it be worth it for me to have Meguiar`s and Menzerna polishes in my line-up, or will Menzerna take care of everything (once I have a rotary)? Are there any jobs when the Meguiar`s "system" would do a better job than Menzerna?

Thanks!

Accumulator
02-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by pigeonbus

.. would it be worth it for me to have Meguiar`s and Menzerna polishes in my line-up, or will Menzerna take care of everything (once I have a rotary)? Are there any jobs when the Meguiar`s "system" would do a better job than Menzerna?

If you`are happy with Menzerna then I don`t see any real reason to also have Meguiar`s on hand. The only thing I can think of worth considering is that Meg`s leaves behind "trade secret oils" whereas Menzerna (presumably) leaves behind *nothing*. The oils *can* make things look better, especially if you still have an imperfect finish. But FWIW, the best appearances I`ve ever achieved did *not* involve Meguiar`s products.

FWIW#2, The only Meg`s polish I like is #80 and I don`t think it`s all that wonderful. I can get the results I want with other products and so, I expect, can you.

Don`t intend this as a Meguiar`s-bash....

Mochamanz1
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I thought PG was just concentrated IP, and that if time was a factor, the concentration ratio meant that it would kick a** in terms of time required if used to do the job quicker, and if the paint condition required a heavier product, that it still would work well, but just take a bit longer to achieve a result.

Alfisti
02-12-2005, 08:21 PM
So Tom, do you find Power Gloss more aggressive than #83?

How does the finish look compared to #83...more, or less hazing?