PDA

View Full Version : Ibiz products?

derek37
11-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Happy sunday-

My mother in law gave me some of these products today:

http://www.ibiz-inc.com/

Any one ever use this stuff? I don`t have any high hopes for it since she told me she seen a demo at a car show. I usually tend to look over these products i see at shows, watch their demos and be on my way. I`m not knocking the product just never heard of it.
Anybody ever use it? What did you think? And, what would you say is comparable to it?
I got the wax and the "waterless" wash.
I told her I would test it on her car first!

G35stilez
11-21-2004, 07:21 PM
The product aren`t bad. Not the best, not the worst I`ve used.

The guy who does the show in NY is a real jerk (I`m being nice). I pointed out all of the swirl marks on the black hood he uses even though he claims it fills the swirls in. Then he told me they were scratches because the hood was old and that they`d never come out.

To me, people who don`t know how to detail a car trying to sell detailing products is a scary thing. That whole thing about the #1 Wax for the Corvette Club of America is bolonga...I guarantee *MOST* vette users either use Zaino or Meguiar`s.

But about Ibiz, the wax is pretty easy on and off...I forgot the look it gives.

norahcrv
11-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Out of curiosity, I checked out their web-site & I got a kick out of this: http://store.yahoo.com/ibiz-inc/watwaswax.html

What is a "spay-on formula"???:dunno

kimwallace
11-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Out of curiosity, I checked out their web-site & I got a kick out of this: http://store.yahoo.com/ibiz-inc/watwaswax.html

What is a "spay-on formula"???:dunno

Is that when your baby throws up on your new jacket? :lmfao

kimwallace
11-21-2004, 09:34 PM
I`m bad ... I misread the typo ...
I guess it must be something you spray on your dog so they won`t have puppies ...

Poorboy
11-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Kim you`re confused...that`s the stuff to use on your dog or cat so they can`t have more:rofl ..kim you tpye too fast ..bawahahahaha

derek37
11-21-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah that`s what I figured

I`ll keep it for the garage sale.

kimwallace
11-21-2004, 09:50 PM
derek37,
Hey I have never tried the products ... just couldn`t resist the comments.
I always say try something before you write it off ... you never know when you might stumble across the next best thing!
Good Luck!

edschwab1
11-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Derek37,
I agree with Kim Wallace. Try the Ibiz products and post review. You may find that Ibiz is the look you want.

Eric

usdm
11-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I posted this on another site, so I`ll just post it here:

Used to hang with a car club a while back that swore by the stuff. One of their guys was suppossed to be a distributor and claimed he was one of the only sources for the stuff. When I suggested doing their cars with my stuff (all 3m at the time), they laughed at me, and told me ibiz was the best ever.

I got some to try out on my car (then a, 91 civic that was well maintained by me), and I was totally unimpressed with it. True, it did clean things a up a little, but it did nothing to enhance shine or gloss. in fact, I hit the the hood with my Fill N Glaze on one side, and then some Mother`s liquid carnuba on the other side, and left the ibiz in the middle of the hood. The sides with the glaze and carnuba looked a lot better. When I showed my results to the guys, they just dismissed it, claiming that since i work in a body shop, that I probably screwed around to make the ibiz look bad.

Just to show them in person, i prep-soled the whole hood, and did the process all over for them with a twist- this time I combined the glaze and then topped it with the carnuba. This made four differnt sections that had product on the hood. The section with ibiz looked ok, the section with just the glaze looked good, the section with carnuba looked better, and the section with glaze/ carnuba looked best. Even after they saw this, they basically dismissed what I had to show them.

Shortly after, I was dismissed from the club. I have no doubt that the president (who also happed to be the guy pushing this stuff) was responsible for me getting the boot. I`m still cool with most of the guys, but after getting kicked out, i pretty much stayed out.

Personally, I would sooner use my gold class liquid wax than use that stuff. At least the gold class will give a decent shine.

derek37
11-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Derek37,
I agree with Kim Wallace. Try the Ibiz products and post review. You may find that Ibiz is the look you want.

Eric
Yeah maybe I`ll try them just to post a review, but my go to products consist of mainly PoorBoys, Megs, Klasse, 1Z, and a few LSP`s. I`ve spent a ton of cash on different products (like who hasn`t!) already and I`m totally happy with what I got. I know there is some other great products out there which I do plan on trying such as VM, 4star products, etc. but I gotta stop somewhere.

Don`t I???

edschwab1
11-22-2004, 01:06 AM
I posted this on another site, so I`ll just post it here:

Used to hang with a car club a while back that swore by the stuff. One of their guys was suppossed to be a distributor and claimed he was one of the only sources for the stuff. When I suggested doing their cars with my stuff (all 3m at the time), they laughed at me, and told me ibiz was the best ever.

I got some to try out on my car (then a, 91 civic that was well maintained by me), and I was totally unimpressed with it. True, it did clean things a up a little, but it did nothing to enhance shine or gloss. in fact, I hit the the hood with my Fill N Glaze on one side, and then some Mother`s liquid carnuba on the other side, and left the ibiz in the middle of the hood. The sides with the glaze and carnuba looked a lot better. When I showed my results to the guys, they just dismissed it, claiming that since i work in a body shop, that I probably screwed around to make the ibiz look bad.

Just to show them in person, i prep-soled the whole hood, and did the process all over for them with a twist- this time I combined the glaze and then topped it with the carnuba. This made four differnt sections that had product on the hood. The section with ibiz looked ok, the section with just the glaze looked good, the section with carnuba looked better, and the section with glaze/ carnuba looked best. Even after they saw this, they basically dismissed what I had to show them.

Shortly after, I was dismissed from the club. I have no doubt that the president (who also happed to be the guy pushing this stuff) was responsible for me getting the boot. I`m still cool with most of the guys, but after getting kicked out, i pretty much stayed out.

Personally, I would sooner use my gold class liquid wax than use that stuff. At least the gold class will give a decent shine.
I remember reading this before.

Eric

kimwallace
11-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah maybe I`ll try them just to post a review, but my go to products consist of mainly PoorBoys, Megs, Klasse, 1Z, and a few LSP`s. I`ve spent a ton of cash on different products (like who hasn`t!) already and I`m totally happy with what I got. I know there is some other great products out there which I do plan on trying such as VM, 4star products, etc. but I gotta stop somewhere.

Don`t I???

You only stop when you die :lmfao