PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Wax`s and your opionion`s...

Pages : [1] 2

Maknmony
02-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would have to believe that there wouldn`t be to many professional detailers that actually spend hundreds of dollars on the Big dollar wax`s. What do most of you guys use for customer cars? I`m talking bulk, like in the gallon that actually is pretty good. I can understand the expensive stuff for your own cars, but not on a customer`s car unless they specify a certain brand of wax.

Thanks,

Sellncars

C. Charles Hahn
02-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Most of my customers` cars either get NXT/S100 for "premium" details (or Zaino if requested) but for regular I`ve been known to use Megs #20 and #26, and one-step jobs get Meguiars or Mothers cleaner wax. I`m about to buy some Megs #66 though.

But then, I don`t do "high volume" detailing; so it`s not really that bad to use the more expensive products for me. I am looking at overhauling that though, and doing an increased ammount of detailing this season than in seasons past.

6']['9
02-06-2005, 09:56 PM
me neither, most of my customers get klasse, pinnacle, p21s, poorboys, meguiars and such. If i use anything thats by volume like automagic i will use their 49bodyshine, superdressit, redhot degreaser. Even spending all the money purchasing name brand products you can easily remake your money back.. I know overhead can be a big thing but as long as you get it taken care of even using automagic or meguiars you should be ok making your money back

ZaneO
02-06-2005, 10:01 PM
No need to double post.

Most Autopians don`t look for the cheap way out. They like to use the best products available. That doesn`t mean that there aren`t good cheap waxes, but most don`t look to skimp.

Maknmony
02-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I understand what your saying but, There is no way that a new customer with, Example: an 98 Chevy Malibu is going to get the best/most expensive wax that you have in your inventory. That`s just not going to happen. Your going to do a $100.00 recon and give them a 75.00 wax for the topping? I dont think so.

Thanks,

Sellncars

JustinR32
02-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, if you already knew the answer why did you ask?

C. Charles Hahn
02-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 6`][`9

me neither, most of my customers get klasse, pinnacle, p21s, poorboys, meguiars and such. If i use anything thats by volume like automagic i will use their 49bodyshine, superdressit, redhot degreaser. Even spending all the money purchasing name brand products you can easily remake your money back.. I know overhead can be a big thing but as long as you get it taken care of even using automagic or meguiars you should be ok making your money back

:werd: and look at scottwax, who does what I would consider high volume mobile detailing using "boutique brand" products. Obviously he has to be making profit at it or he wouldn`t keep doing that.

ZaneO
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Typically, the most expensive wax people around here use is $65 a jar. That is good for at least 20 coats. If you can`t do math, I`ll help you out. It`s $3.25 a coat.

What do you think now?

Alfisti
02-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Sellncars, some pro detailers will use a *bulk* wax and some won`t.

Even using boutique LSP for a maintainance detail isn`t that expensive when you realize how little is needed to do a car, especially if its a paste wax.

Even a very expensive LSP may cost $5 of product per car. If the result blows the owner away and makes them come back, that`s $5 well spent.

A popular *bulk* (as in available in one gallon containers) used by Autopians is AIO and SG. Also Autoglym, and several Megs pro products.

RCBuddha
02-07-2005, 12:02 AM
I`ve seen this at Top of the Line:

http://www.topoftheline.com/bahcarcreamw.html

Has anyone used this product before? (I searched, btw) it seems like it would be a great "bulk" use wax....and the price seems about right.

jimmybuffit
02-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Who`s doing $100 recons?

TortoiseAWD
02-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Please, do NOT crosspost. The other thread has been merged into this one.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

C. Charles Hahn
02-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Who`s doing $100 recons?

Good question -- certainly not me! (well, unless it`s a friend/family member... and then I usually make them help!!)

And Alfisti made a good point, also... I`ve gotten to where I don`t like using liquids as much since you use a TON of product compared to paste. Too bad there aren`t GOOD sealants (well... we`ll see how NXT paste does in spring when I pick some up) or compounds/polishes in paste form. Of course, it would be a challenge loading up a PC pad with enough to do the job :o

Maknmony
02-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

Well, if you already knew the answer why did you ask? I dont remember asking you to run your mouth. I asked an honest question and didnt or dont need a smart A$$` remarks.

Maknmony
02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Alfisti

Sellncars, some pro detailers will use a *bulk* wax and some won`t.

Even using boutique LSP for a maintainance detail isn`t that expensive when you realize how little is needed to do a car, especially if its a paste wax.

Even a very expensive LSP may cost $5 of product per car. If the result blows the owner away and makes them come back, that`s $5 well spent.

A popular *bulk* (as in available in one gallon containers) used by Autopians is AIO and SG. Also Autoglym, and several Megs pro products. Thank you for your profession answer. I appreciate the honest answer.