PDA

View Full Version : #16 and the rain

jvcn
02-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Yesterday was the first really nice day in quite a while, so I worked on my car with the PC, 3mRC and MG, UPP, and #16 or S100. [I`m slowly tackling the more stubborn swirls, scratches and spots]

Then my wife showed up with the minivan that she`d just run through a car wash. I was tired so I grunted a bit, PC`d the whole thing with ColorX and then did a half-assed job with #16 as an LSP.

Today she was out all day and it rained. She came back and said how it was terrible that it had to rain after all my hard work.

I went to the garage to see what the damage was and to fix with a QD. We were both surprised. Just a few beads. The van was basically smooth, dry and clean. I smiled like a fool, and my wife averred how I wasn`t crazy to wax it well yesterday!

:D :D :D

imported_DARKSTI
02-06-2005, 09:43 PM
yea, i love #16. it lasts and beads like a pro!

Prometheus
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
YEah, it rained today for the first time since about last summer, and my coat of 16 that i applied in october is still going strong. No sealant under it at all, just 16. Doesn`t bead perfect, but its still there, and the poor car must live out side. Gotta love that stuff.

Accumulator
02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, the "self-cleaning in the rain" thing is a nice feature of #16.

truvette
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
#16 is one of my favorite "heavy-duty" waxes. The beading is absolutely wonderful and reminds me of delicate pearls.