PDA

View Full Version : Don`t set products on the car

imported_UnsanePyro
02-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Well, I started on my friends `89 Maxima the other day, after a wash I started on the outside while he did his thing inside. I was putting some Klasse AIO on it, and put the bottle on the trunk for a minute because I didn`t want to accidently kick it. In the end, the bottle got knocked off. I watched it happen and was like hey, its got a cap on it, its fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/UnsanePyro/klassespill.jpg

The cap and whole top of the bottle ended up on the inside because of how it hit the ground. Lost probably 2oz. of AIO. :mad:

I will never set stuff on the car again.

Setec Astronomy
02-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I just inherited an old liquor cart thanks to my friend Jr. who spotted it getting thrown out by someone else. So I can put my stuff on it and roll it around the car with me. Sure beats what happened to you, or buying the Rubbermaid cart I had been eyeing up!

Bill D
02-06-2005, 10:17 AM
:up

Yeah, definitely never on the car. ( I had to mention the idea of their car not being a shelf to a few people once or twice) A cart is a nice alternative or for both polishes and spray products, if you`re using several at one time , just get small bottles for them and carry them on you in your pockets or in a pocketed apron.

Lowejackson
02-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I use a cheap plastic basket which also protects the bottles from collecting dirt and risking contamination of pads/towels etc

Bill D
02-06-2005, 10:22 AM
I store my full sized ones in one in the garage too :up

imported_Sullybob
02-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Tough break UnsanePyro. :eek: I feel your pain.

When I set things on my vechile I put them on the plastic molding between the hood and the windshield. Latley I don`t even do that. I have been trying to monitor AIO and SG product usage so I purchased some small 4 ounce bottles and marked the bottles with ounce graduations. They have a sport bottle type cap. These are so small that they will fit easily into my pocket or I just hold onto them. They are so much easier to use then the AIO and SG bottles.

imported_Sullybob
02-06-2005, 10:25 AM
You Guys beat me to the post.

A detailing cart sounds like a great idea!

dschribs
02-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Agreed. I think they come in handy for lot of things actually. Mechanical work as well...

Here`s the one I plan on getting before Spring rolls around...

Service Cart (http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ap-8330.html)

detailedcars
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Harbor freight has anice red and black cart, with a tool drawer that even includes some tools. I believe its around $30. Its the perfect height if you have stool to ride on while your detailing the car.