PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life of ZFX

F1Crazy
02-06-2005, 01:56 AM
What is the shelf life of ZFX?

Mine turned into solid inside little blue bottle in less than 2 years :( .

It was kinda embarrassing since I was bragging to my friend about Zaino for months and found out about the problem only after the car was prepped and ready for Z2. I don`t have any Z1 so I simply used Z2 alone, it dried and buffed fine so I hope it will bond properly...

dternst
02-06-2005, 02:02 AM
I sent an email to Sal shortly after ordering my first Zaino Bros Product three years ago regarding shelf life.

Sal replied, "When stored in a cool dry place. Avoiding extreme heat or cold.

Shelf Life is as follows:

Z-1 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-6 5 years +

Z-7 5 years +

Z-9 5 years +

Z-10 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results keep tightly capped and use before 18 months."

David

RedondoV6
02-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Good advice. I think the shelf lifes quoted by David are straight from Zaino.

One word of advice... do keep the ZFX bottle cap closed very tightly, if you do not, it will turn to gel fairly quickly.

Intercooled
02-06-2005, 09:03 AM
I`ve had my ZFX now for over 2 years and its still good. But I think I may get a fesh kit this spring when I order more Z products.

I have always kept mine in the garage, with the cap tightly closed and stored upright.

imported_Billfold
02-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I had my ZFX for about 15 months with the lid tighlty squeezed on, and it turned into a gel. It`s an expensive product so just keep that lid tight, and at room temperature and you should be fine.

ZaneO
02-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Those of you with problems should contact Sal and talk it over with him. He`s extremely helpful. :)