PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, part 2.

seracis
02-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Well, my first 4-step exterior detail is in the history books. It started with a 7:30am trip to Wal-Mart for some Orange Blast, Orange Blast wheel cleaner, and 24 (3 packs of 8 for $5 a pack) MF towels. I had to take a 2.5 hour break from 10 to 12:30 for other stuff, supper at 6:30 and had the garage back to normal by 10:00pm. I know I spent a good 5-6 hours claying my truck. HOLY CRAP! My arm is going to feel GREAT tomorrow. At least I won`t have to do that again for a while. A long while I hope. I used the entire 12oz of lube that it came with. Fortunately, I had a bottle of QD from God knows when. I used Sonus SFX-3 and it removed most of the swirls and light scratches. After the top coat of #16, I friggin` pooped. Now for a little bass guitar and some real relaxation!

Sorry, I forgot to take the before pics. You all would have just gasped in horror as to how a person could let a vehicle get that nasty. It wasn`t muddy, just nasty. But at least the inside was/is nice and clean. If it`s not raining tomorrow I`ll get some outside-in-the-sun pics. Thanks to everyone who helped me (directly or indirectly) get to this point.

my gallery (http://autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=20267&thumb=1)

dcswd
02-06-2005, 12:09 AM
very nice! I`m glad to hear it went well. I`m assuming its never been clayed before lol. Good thing its all done now huh?

seracis
02-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Actually, 2 years ago, I started the clay process and got most of the passenger side done. That`s when my wife wanted to help and she dropped the clay on the ground. I trashed it and meant to buy more, but it never happened. Shame on me, I know. But now, the only imperfections are small chips in the paint. From 10 feet away you can see most of them. But when you are 12" from the surface rubbing for 6 hours, you see every last one of them.

Typically, it`s raining today. So I guess I`ll be taking the minivan to church. It`s supposed to stop raining a little later. Maybe I can give it the treatment later today. I`ll get some before and after pics. It`s less than a year old, so hopefully it`s in real good shape. I WILL be removing the clear bra, so that might take some time.

AlexRuiz
02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I saw the pictures. Great work! Doesn`t it feel good to see the final result? :up