PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Need to remove engine oil from the paint.

AlexRuiz
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
I need help quickly guys. I don`t know exactly how, but after driving I noticed tons of engine oil drops in the paint. I assume I drove over spilled oil and it went directly into the paint. I already washed the car, but some spots are still there. I also tried dishsoap with a little better luck, but some spots still are there. I didn`t want to go crazy in the rubbing.

What can I use to remove engine oil safely from the paint? Gasoline? Thinner? Kerosene?

Thanks

An anxious Alex

White95Max
02-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Did you try a cleaner like AIO?

AlexRuiz
02-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

Did you try a cleaner like AIO?

I haven`t.... I will.

NuFinish, I knew that besides the wheels you would be used in my paint again some day :p

Lochi
02-06-2005, 02:38 AM
what about clay?? :xyxthumbs

audipower
02-06-2005, 02:40 AM
detailing clay should work. I just use castrol cleaner and follow the directions on dilution. I had oil, brake dust, and other oiled contamints and that go it out. After though wash off with soap. It won`t hurt your paint, but it took off your cars wax or other protections.

I use Castrol Industrial Cleaner to clean up engines for show. It`s unbelivable in dilution so you don`t ruin rubber hoses or plastic.

AlexRuiz
02-07-2005, 10:11 AM
:bow Guys, you are awesome!

Clay made short work of the oil, then a cleaner wax spot applied and finally retopped with the LSP I had before. Like new!

The car looked like a dalmatian dog, now it is back again as it should be :p

Thanks! :xyxthumbs

Alex