PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Rag top care and scratch repair.s.

BoxSingit
02-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys, this is my first post. What an awesome site and a wealth of information! I have recently become a car care fanatic, so I have really been keeping the car in great shape. I just had my bumper sprayed two weeks ago, and yesterday I made a hairline scratch on the nose while working on the car. I`m really bummed about it. Its about 3 inches long, very thin, but you can see the white below the paint slightly (I can take a pic). Any suggestions how I can touch up? My second question deals with my rag top. I been trying to get this tree sap out of my rag top, but I`ve had no luck. I`ve used Ragg Top cleaner (I heard its very good), but its still showing some residue. Thanks, any input would be appreciated.

togwt
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Leave fabric cleaner on overnight, keep damp by covering with a plastic sheet, once stains are removed rinse thoroughly and apply protection if the fabric is badly stained or faded use Renovo Soft Top Reviver (convertiblecar) a paint-on product that restores faded colour

JonM

BoxSingit
02-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks Jon. I tried to keep the rag top cleaner on for about 4 hrs, it dried up. I`ll try what you suggested. I think I may have to get that soft op reviver. It does have that faded look now (in a few spots). Will the Renovo soft top reviver be a fairly close match to the rest of the top (its a black Porsche rag top)?

BoxSingit
02-05-2005, 07:11 PM
I think Langka paint repair maybe my best solution for the scratch. If any members have used this product, is the Langka paint sealant mandatory? Thanks.