PDA

View Full Version : After spending Hundreds of dollars........

Pages : [1] 2 3

dogma
02-05-2005, 09:21 AM
I am going back to Zaino and just ordered the Z2 Pro.

I have been searching for the perfect shine,wet look , gloss ,what have you for my Black car. With in the last year i have purchased the following

Pinicle Souvrean kit

Menzerna FMJ kit

Blackfire Kit

all NXT products

Surluster kit

Shinning monkey kit

Stuf products kit

Zaino kit

Mothers new FS

Eagle 1 Nano

also have every meguairs product

have collinite

have boyds

have malms

slickshine from auto tech

final touch from mirror images

Zymol

Since I am fairly new to this site,which by the way is second to none, I have been seeing posts of products like Klasse and poor boys which I have not tried yet.

Any way I have tried all of the above once or twice in the past year and to me Zaino has the perfect shine,wet look etc...

Here is how they worked on my black car.

Zaino

FMJ

Suf

Surluster

Shining Monkey

Souvran

Blackfire

Mother syn wax, Refections

NXT, Nano wax

Slickshine

Final touch

boyds

malms

Zymol

If anyone can suggest any other product that is truly better than Zaino and what I have I will try it, obviously money is no object.

I will trade some of these products ,most have been used once or twice.

eclipsegt05
02-05-2005, 09:31 AM
You have a great collection of car products, but what really achieves the perfect shine is excellent paint preparation through the selection of the correct products (abrasiveness + steps) and excellent technique. I see you didn`t mention that you have a PC. It`s one of those tools that every detailer should have unless they prefer to work by hand.

P21S, 4*UPP, EX-P, WG are all top of the line products. Finally, Klasse AIO is very versitale as a base for your LSP and imo is a must have in your detailing arsenal. :up

cwcad
02-05-2005, 09:32 AM
i too have been trying different products in the last year. of course not as many as you have listed but non the less plentiful, IMHO. i find it intersting that you have listed the results in the same order as i would have.

also, just in the last few days i have been thinking about trying Zaino products. i had mistakenly thought that Zaino was expensive. yet when you compare it to menzerna it is not. Again, IMHO.

will, in the months ahead, purchase the Zaino line and hope that it produces the look that i want.

Eliot Ness
02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I agree with eclipsegt05, I don`t see a mention of any products other than LSP`s. Proper surface prep is where you will see the most dramatic results on your finish, especially with a black car.

If you`ve already done your surface prep then ignore the following, otherwise here is a way to check. Use something as simple as trouble light to examine your paint at different angles and any imperfections (swirls, etc.) will be easier to spot. At that point you can determine if you need to remove them with an abrasive polish before going to your LSP. If you find that is the case then report back and the members here will be glad to offer advice, tips, and products to use.

A lot of members love the look of Z2 Pro, and if youâ€â„¢re one of them then your quest for the perfect LSP may be over. One other combo to try if you like a deep wet look might be Klasse AIO, Poorboyâ€â„¢s EX, and then top with Souveran. There are a lot of good products out there that will make a black car look very, very, nice, but it boils down to correct surface prep and then personal preference on your LSPâ€â„¢s.

Accumulator
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

A lot of members love the look of Z2 Pro, and if youâ€â„¢re one of them then your quest for the perfect LSP may be over...

That`s what I was thinking. If you like the look of Zaino better than that of the others you mentioned, then I`d just stick with that.

Corey Bit Spank
02-05-2005, 11:21 AM
How did you like the synwax? :)

tripper_11
02-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, prep has always been important...it`s always 85-90% of the whole.

But may I take this point to the fullest? Maybe the one who started this thread has already gone through that 85% process, and he was judging which of the above-mentioned products would "TOP" that remaining 15% of the work.

He could have judged Zaino as the "best" in that remaining 15% process...

And I agree with that...though I`m not a big fan of Zaino.

Aurora
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
That`s alot of products there! Some kits are mentioned, so maybe one of them has some kind of SMR in it....?

Got a PC or rotary? If not that would be the best investment in making the most of what you have.

SilverLexus
02-05-2005, 05:37 PM
I doubt you would find that Souveran is anything but the best carnauba for black given proper surface prep. I personally like it much better than Zaino. Zaino looks a bit better to me on silver metallic.

lbls1
02-05-2005, 06:54 PM
P21s. I have great results from it. I am not sure, but there may be a bit of colliding going on with that array of products. Try not to use too many different products in addition to the wax, bc that could inhibit the potential of developing a deep resolution (or at least that is what I think).

But if you strike it lucky with Zaino, then that`s the way to go for y ou.

dogma
02-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. I forgot to mention I have the P21S kit too & RaceGlaxe & Liquid Glass.

I do not have a PC yet, I was thinking of getting one. My car is hardly ever outside and when I do take it to work or out when I get back I wipe it down with Z6 and is perfect again.

I wish I knew about this site earlier,because when i first got my car i was talked into claying it which I did wrong and that has given me some surface scratches. I bought a Mothers clay bay and washed my car then clayed then applied a sealant without rewashing it first. But I think Z5 has taken or hidden almost all of it.

The new Mothers syn wax is awesome IMHO its better than NXT.

When I ordered Souvran from Classic Motoring Acss. they said it wouldn`t give me a better shine than the Blackfire or FMJ and that I was wasting my money,but I bought the whole kit anyway. I followed the instructions perfectly and they were right it didn`t blow me away like everyone said it would. Actually right after that I ordered Shinning Monkey and that gave me tha same shine as Souvran, and after that I bought Stuf, And you know what for a Carnuba wax that blows everything away including sealants except for Zaino and FMJ. Again this is IMHO. I don`t want to offend anyone because you guys are awesome, I appreciate all your opinions and help.

My cars have always been in great condition and garaged I guess that why I haven`t had to do much prep, but maybe thats why I am never satisfied?

SilverLexus
02-06-2005, 09:44 AM
"I followed the instructions perfectly and they were right it didn`t blow me away like everyone said it would."

Then you did something wrong. This wax looks incredible and leaves a very wet look on black.

dogma
02-06-2005, 10:32 AM
No disrespect but I disagree, IMO the Zaino looks better.

I had a couple of friends come check it out too. To be honest the Souvran was excellent, but the shining Monkey and especially Stuf

were just as good. I could not tell the differance and neither could my friends( who are also wax nuts). And again IMO Surluster is just as good as Souvran. When I called CMA they told me that Souvran was not any better than the Blackfire or FMJ and it would not last as long. I told them I don`t care if it lasts a week because I do my car every week. Souvran is excellent it just didn`t make a difference. Zaino is still the best for my black car.

Corey Bit Spank
02-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, CMA has a thing with Blackfire and Mezerna, don`t they? I wouldn`t be surprised that they said that.

I miss my blackfire :(

dogma
02-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Yea I know, But whta I don`t understand is that i had a;ready bought both Blackfire and Menzerna . Why would they have a problem selling me more products, it was weird I had to talk him into selling it to me. I don`t want to get into a pi@@ing match about Souvran its a great product, just didn`t live up to the hype.