PDA

View Full Version : Aio On Trim?

joyriide1113
11-20-2004, 09:15 PM
IVE READ A COUPLE OF THREADS WHERE PEOPLE HAVE USED AIN ON THEIR TRIM. i havent gotten my bottle of aio yet but how would it work on trim? im assuming it wouldnt stain? and how would u buff it off. remember,, i havent gotten my bottle yet. and it be applied via pc on the trim?

Jngrbrdman
11-20-2004, 09:33 PM
It wouldn`t stain trim, but that doesn`t mean that you need to slop it around, if you know what I`m saying. Avoid getting it on the trim because you will still need to clean it off. It may not stain, but that doesn`t mean it buffs off as easy as if it were on paint. Get AIO on your porous trim and you will have fun cleaning it off. There is better stuff to use to clean trim than a paint cleaner. Meguiar`s #39 comes to mind. I wouldn`t use #39 to clean the paint and I wouldn`t use AIO to clean rubber or vinyl.

TW85
11-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I am one of the many people that uses AIO on HARD trim. Hard trim being rubber, plastic (smooth and textured), window seals, etc...anything that is not porous. It does not stain, is a breeze to wipe off, and is single step with excellent results.

If the trim is porous, do not use AIO and instead, use 303 Aerospace or some other rubber/plastic/vinyl dressing. The only porous trim I have found so far is around the bottom of side windows on F-150s, Expeditions, etc.

EBPcivicsi
11-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I am one of the many people that uses AIO on HARD trim. Hard trim being rubber, plastic (smooth and textured), window seals, etc...anything that is not porous. It does not stain, is a breeze to wipe off, and is single step with excellent results.

If the trim is porous, do not use AIO and instead, use 303 Aerospace or some other rubber/plastic/vinyl dressing. The only porous trim I have found so far is around the bottom of side windows on F-150s, Expeditions, etc.

Same here, I even top mine with UPP. I just wipe on, then wipe off the UPP. No cure time on trim. :brick