PDA

View Full Version : beautiful day

jeff5614
02-04-2005, 02:54 PM
It`s a beautiful sunny day in east Tennessee. Following a week of clouds, rain and cold it`s a warm 50 degrees. So what`s a good way to enjoy it - giving the TSX a nice warm bath. I broke out the NXT using the two bucket method with 4 wool mits. Dried with my favorite Pakshak WW after sheeting most of the water off by rinsing with a gentle stream from the nozzle.

Then a refreshing QD with 4*UGE to bring back that just waxed slickness, dressed the tires with Tiefenpfleger and on to the interior. I vacuumed the carpet and seats, brushed out all the cracks and crevices, wiped all the surfaces down with 1Z CP and dressed the seals with Tiefen.

Nothing like a sunny day to get take care of the winter blahs.:D

My apologies to anyone who might have wanted pics but the camera batteries are dead, lol, not to mention my photography skills aren`t the best.

kompressornsc
02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Just came in from QEWing mine for the first wash in about 2 months. It`s around 40 here. Will the tingling in my hands stop soon? :)

Had to use 3 buckets, 2 mitts and a big spray bottle for pre-soaking. Everytime I use QEW is scares me anyway-looks like I`m just wiping water on there!:eek:

imported_NYV6Coupe
02-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by kompressornsc

... Will the tingling in my hands stop soon? :)

Keep the wash water between warm & hot (hot >= 120*) and wear some dishwashing gloves, the cheap yellow kind, & your hands won`t suffer from the cold `cause they`re not getting wet.

We have about 32*, blue skies, and no wind here in sunny WNY so it`s a perfect February day for a hand wash.

Eliot Ness
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Wasn`t too bad here today either so I broke out the buckets and hose and did a real wash. This was the first time I used Poorboy`s SS&S wash and was quite pleased with it. Just had time to do a quick vacuum and throw some BnB on the tires before dark. Maybe tomorrow I`ll try a quick coat of Optimum Spray Wax on top of the #16 and see how it looks.