PDA

View Full Version : UK Peugeot Dealer - why o why?

Nogrille
02-04-2005, 09:28 AM
did they have to wash my GF`s car when they weren`t asked to?

It went in for a brake check after the supposedly fixed it and ended up washing it!

What`s the betting that they got some kid with a sponge to do it?

I`m yet to see the results but I can feel an argument coming on.....

Sorry, rant over.

Cheers

Paul

imported_pugoman
02-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Happened to me mate... my 307 went in for a recall - when I came back to pick it up, it was drying off in the exit of the automatic car wash... my heart sank!

AndyC_1
02-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I usually stick about 15 Post Its all over the car inside & out saying DO NOT WASH - it`s only let me down once.

Best bet is to make sure they make a note on the jobcard stating that the car is not to be washed - you get some odd looks (esp if it`s a co car....)

Nogrille
02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I hadn`t even thought they`d do it. Last time it went in they covered the bonnet in greasy fingerprint marks but at least that forced me to clean it!

The GF was livid and said to me "it`s a good job you haven`t used your special stuff on my car yet!" Which i chuckled at. She was slightly happier when she saw that they`d hoovered it. Women.....

Richt
02-04-2005, 11:51 AM
They used to know better with mine (thank god)

Lowejackson
02-04-2005, 12:51 PM
It is a little known fact that there is a contractual obligation for dealers to add swirls or any other minor damage (grease on the paint) to all cars whenever possible and therefore not to at least attempt to damage the paint would be in breach of contract.

515colfelt
02-04-2005, 05:49 PM
It seems that if the manufacturer wants them to be washed thats what they do.Mine was almost washed-the service manager just stopped them in time!

Nick M
02-04-2005, 06:57 PM
My Honda was taken for its 6 month service last week and I specifically asked them not to wash it.............and they didn`t :up. I had spent the Sunday before washing, claying, polishing and waxing the thing and didn`t want some trainee let rip with an old sponge and bucket of washing-up liquid.

I saw the bucket the guy was using to eash other cars outside, glad it wasn`t anywhere near my car !