PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose?

Pages : [1] 2

maxedmax
02-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I recently recieved vanilla moose handglaze as a gift, and seeing as how there has been so much recent discussion regarding the confusing terminology as to what is a polish/wax/glaze, I just wanted to ask what is this product? Do I have a wax on my hands? or a true glaze which would fill imperfections in the paint? Can I use this as an LSP? The reason I ask is that i may get a quick chance to detail my car tomorrow, and I want to use this product. I remember scottwax espeically using this product in many of his details in the click and brag section. I know this sounds like a newbie quesiton, but since I don`t know what this product is, I don`t know if I can top it with nxt, or top nxt with this? Some help is appreciated.

6']['9
02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
its a glaze with slight cleaning ability, but despite what others say if you remove swirls the right way to begin with it shouldnt matter if you use a glaze or not. Being that if the swirls are gone the glaze is going to bring out some depth and shine of the finish. VM is great for windows too its just an all around great product. It has a more of a general purpose like doing plastic like taillights, Glass, more than anyother glaze ive used like IHG or SG.

maxedmax
02-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks, so if I apply nxt after applying vanilla moose will it remove the vanilla moose that i have previously applied?

cgc2
02-03-2005, 11:33 PM
your VM will still be ok. I used that combo on my wifes silver metallic car.

Scottwax
02-03-2005, 11:40 PM
NXT will not affect VM`s light polishing effect at all.

General Lee
02-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Like 6` 9` said, it is a glaze with some cleaning properties. It is a great product to polish out an already defect free vehicle. The product claims to remove light scratches and I have found it to do that however, they must be light. It is not a swirl remover. It adds great wetness to the finish, but I don`t believe it has any long term durability. Feel free to top with your NXT, you will be fine. Alot of us top it with a good carnuba for a nice, nice finish.

maxedmax
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
ok so vanilla moose first, then nxt?

General Lee
02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Thats right

maxedmax
02-04-2005, 12:00 AM
And that should give me a decent amount of shine. The only reason i had this question in the first place is because I thought you couldn`t really put anything under nxt because of it`s cleaning abilities. But, if you say it works I believe you.

gearhead
02-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by maxedmax

And that should give me a decent amount of shine. The only reason i had this question in the first place is because I thought you couldn`t really put anything under nxt because of it`s cleaning abilities. But, if you say it works I believe you.

If your paint is in good condition VM/NXT should give you way more than a decent amount of shine.:) The surface after VM will be very glossy and the NXT will provide depth and protection.

SVR
02-04-2005, 08:38 AM
VM is my magic in a bottle product

I use it to remove oxidation from door seals, exterior trim, permanently remove minor scratches and hide the bad ones

A great wet look glaze after PB SSR`s and Menzerna IP/FP

Chocolate moose I sometimes use after VM on exterior trim and door seals as well

There are just so many surfaces that you can use VM on

Looking forward to trying blue and red moose shortly.

imported_DARKSTI
02-04-2005, 07:40 PM
could i use VM followed by nattys?

Scottwax
02-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by LTHLBLU

could i use VM followed by nattys?

Absolutely. It will give a very wet and reflective look. Honestly, VM as your final glaze prior to any LSP (except Klasse SG and Zaino due to possible bonding issues) is great. Since VM is so slick, your LSP will just glide on.

JeffM
02-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I really have to try the Moose someday :)

How does it compare to AIO as far as looks go ?

cgc2
02-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Vm followed by PB Ex, then Natty`s on a Red/Maroon with flake care just jumps out at ya.

Im going to try some some Brilliant Glaze from Adams this weekend, followed by Pb EX, and then Optimim Spray Wax.

I will post pics because I sure am currious about that combo.