PDA

View Full Version : Z2 Pro on light & dark paint review

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Burlyq
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Process on BMW, IP then FPII, one coat Z2 pro/ZFX, vlrp and z16 on tires, z10 on leather, Ragtopp cleaner and protectant x3. No Dawn wash on the beemer just Z7 because it had no beading or sheeting but I did Dawn and Z7 wash (50/50) the two light cars to strip cheap car wash wax off.

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=0&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=1&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=2&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

Zaino z2 pro is thicker and wetter than the old z2, in fact except smell and color it seams like a different product. When you put in the ZFX it doesn`t make it as easy to work with as the old z2. I think you need to put more ZFX in the container with the z2pro. It is a little harder to rub off than the old z, making extra coats not as fun. However, the good news is you don`t need extra coats because after the first coat you will see the deep shine you have been looking for. Also, it could be I`m not used to it, many people say pro is more user friendly but I have to use it a couple more times to see what works best for me, either way it still is fool proof no streaking, no distortion, etc. When I first wiped off the first panel of the z2pro residue I was very pleasantly suprised, it was the deep shine I had been searching for. Z2pro is as deep as any product I`ve tried, nuba or other. The difference is other products have a distortion in the reflection making a wet look but Zaino`s reflection is like a wet mirror. When I say distortion I don`t use that term as a negative term, but some people might prefer distortion because it is like looking in a reflection in a pond. It`s a matter of preference, and I personally prefer the distortion free shine of z2pro. It is definitely deeper than the old z2. PUT THE TOPPER DOWN IT`S NOT NEEDED ANYMORE WITH THE NEW Z2 IMO.

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=3&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=5&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=4&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=6&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

I used to like the old Z on dark colors but other products seamed to be wetter. I don`t think that is the case anymore. I think the new z2 is just as wet as anything for a dark color. Zaino has another hit on their hands making long term Z users like me embarassed for trying other sealants to find this shine. In our defense they could have upgraded it a long time ago and saved us the pain of searching.

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=7&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

Z2pro adds depth and shine to light colors whereas the old z was more of a shine product. This diesel had terrible swirls so first I clayed then used IP, FPII then p21s cleaner. Then two coats of z2pro. White is hard to capture in pictures but the owner couldn`t believe it. The truck had been abused and the guy said basically it wasn`t worth taking care of. I disagreed and talked him into a full detail. He said the truck looked better than when it came off the lot and he promised no more drive through car washes. I think diesels are some of the most important vehicles to detail because the motors last so long and the body needs to be kept up to look good long term.

This was kinda interesting, the lady won this car on Wheel of Fortune and wanted me to detail it (you can see the personalized lisc plate). She had a BMW, Mecedes, Expedition, and this PT Crusier. I wanted to detail the cedes or beemer duh, but I couldn`t get her off this PT. Anyhow, I tried z2pro w/o zfx on this and when I wiped it off it was squeeky in some spots. So I wouldn`t recommend z2pro w/o ZFX on the first coat like some others have. I went back over ot with z2pro/ZFX and it was a nice wet look. The polish was easier to use this time I`m not sure if I used more ZFX or what but it went smooth.

http://imageevent.com/protour/socal?p=8&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

To restore the PT`s bumper I used VLRP and then z16, I highly recommend this if you have a faded bumper. VLRP takes care of the oxidation and fading and z16 puts a great layer of protection and even shine on.

Anyhow, I`m very tired I just got back from a mini detailing tour and my hands were so sore from busting out all my clients in 5 days I could barely hold on to the steering wheel for the trip home. I`ll add more when I get a chance to rest.

cwcad
02-03-2005, 07:54 PM
nice pics!!! have been doing a little research on Zaino z2 pro in the last few days. your review is welcome. having read several posts by you that stated you like menzerena products and as i am familiar with them would you say that the zaino z2 pro produces better results than FMJ or just different results??

imported_Burlyq
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I would have to see them on the same panel before commenting on that. I have done that a lot lately, putting different sealants on the same car. I think I`m done with that because it seams Zaino really stepped up to the plate with this new product. FMJ is also a very good product. I wouldn`t through out FMJ to try z2pro, but if you run out of FMJ this product would not dissapoint. I believe (opinion) the results would be similar but Z2pro would most likely have more durabilty.

RedondoV6
02-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Nice review Burlyq ... thanks for taking the time to post.

Ya detailing isn`t too shabby either ;)

Seriously ... nice work, all the vehicles look great! I`ve only used Z2 Pro on one vehicle so far, but I want to try it on two of my own vehicles as soon as the weather breaks.

I wonder when Sal will update Z5, make it as good looking as Z2 Pro but with better filling ability than the current Z5, which I find is fairly mild.

imported_Burlyq
02-03-2005, 11:03 PM
TY for compliments everyone. Yes Zaino needs to spend more time and money in other areas. A paint cleaner, some true polishes, a spray sealant, something with better filling capabilties, then they would make things tough on the competition, lol. I think out of the four something with good filling capabilties might be the hardest to make compatible with Zaino sealants because of bonding issues that may effect that trademark durabilty. Besides if they did we would get lazy and not remove those swirls like good little detailers. I hope they move on with research and developement because most of their stuff doesn`t need much improvement but we definetly could benefit from new products.

Scottwax
02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Excellent review and pics!

I find it interesting you feel Z2 Pro is harder to apply/remove than the original Z2. After trying Z2 Pro myself, the only way it would go on easier is for it to jump out of the bottle and apply and remove itself! It seemed as easy to use to me as Wolfgang.

I definitely agree about the wet look. It is also holding up well on my brother`s van.

imported_Burlyq
02-03-2005, 11:56 PM
LOL. Well I should clarify Z2pro isn`t hard to use or apply, it just didn`t go on as easy as the old Z2 which to me went on like water. How much ZFX did you use? I probably skimped on it because I had the old Z2 down to a science, a couple less drops then recommended was fine. But this pro probably needs the recommended dose or even a drop or two more.

Scottwax
02-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Burlyq-I used 4 drops for approximately an ounce or so of product. It was a cool, damp day too. Around 55 or so.

tripper_11
02-04-2005, 12:29 AM
can`t wait for my shipment to arrive!

looks like the new z2 pro is a lot different from my old Z2. it`s really something to get excited about!

imported_Burlyq
02-09-2005, 01:45 AM
You wont be dissapointed.

SilverBelle04
02-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Burlyq

Thanks for the review ...i can`t wait to try it when spring gets here ! BTW....the bimmer looks great.

Bob

General Lee
02-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Excellent writeup Burlyq! I have Z2Pro on the way as I type this and may use it on a dark blue Yukon I have coming up. I have experienced with the old Z2 and Z5 but w/out the ZFX so I`m looking forward to trying the new stuff out. Thanks again.

imported_flatstick
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Burlyq, that was a very detailed review. I must say that Zaino seems to be picking up more followers. I know many people used to complain about the finish being harsh and not wet. IMO on a dark car or truck the Z2 looks pretty wet and has a nice finish. I have not been able to use Z2 on too many light finishes. thanks again

imported_RIC
02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Question for Burlyq or anyone else who has talked with Sal lately.

Do you know whether or not there is going to be a Z5 Pro?

Mochamanz1
02-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Yep, Z2Pro is a great improvement alright, But I find it easer to buff off as well. Also it seems to have some filling qualities for very light minor defects. It made a Pearl White Caddie sparkle, so I would say its great on light colors as well. The paint looks like its about 6 inches under water.