PDA

View Full Version : Wax layering???

spudd73
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I was just wondering, ...i know that you have to wait 24 hours after you apply the first layer of wax, but do you have to wait an additional 24 hours after you apply the second and so on as well??? Also, I am using P21S wax right now, and I love it, but i was curious if there`s another wax out there that can be applied and taken off as easy, but has a better protection. I was thinking about using a sealent, but didn`t know which one to use. Here`s my current products:

-Menzerma Intensive Polish

-Menzerma Final Polish

-Menzerma Glaze

-P21S Wax

Any help would be great!

tripper_11
02-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I go for Zaino or Klasse. Haven`t use the UPP Blackfire and EX sealant. why not the FMJ? might be compatible with the current line up...

White95Max
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
I`d go with UPP for a sealant. I`ve used it on three colors, and it`s looked great on all of them.

Also, you might want to look at Wolfgang`s High-Gloss sealant. I received mine today, but I won`t be trying it out for a while. There`s a slight chance I might try it this weekend, but we`ll have to see how things work out.

And yes...I would wait 24hrs between any coats of wax or sealant. I personally wait several days and park in the sun as much as possible. Probably not necessary, but I can be pretty sure that it fully cured.

spudd73
02-04-2005, 03:22 AM
FMJ? UPP? Im pretty new...what do those stand for???

Trinity
02-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by spudd73

FMJ? UPP? Im pretty new...what do those stand for???

FMJ = Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket

UPP = Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

Just some acromyns for many of the popular products here.

spudd73
02-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Thanks...i appreciate all of your help!!!

I like the current setup...but the wax doesn`t seem to last that long, i was looking for something that is easy to apply, makes the paint look wet and have a lot of reflections... and last a long time. Thanks for all your help...i think i may try the UPP.

spudd73
02-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Also...does anybody have a good microfiber towel that won`t marr the surface??? And what would i expect out of ZAINO sealent??? Is it worth it???

imported_GDA4
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
What about One Grand Blitz? I have never used P21S, but from reading on these forums, I hear that it is similiar but Blitz is a little more durable.

From my experience on a Brilliant Black Audi, it gives great depth. My neighbors say the paint looks like clean glass

White95Max
02-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by spudd73

Also...does anybody have a good microfiber towel that won`t marr the surface??? And what would i expect out of ZAINO sealent??? Is it worth it???

I get all of my scratch-free MF products from www.exceldetail.com.

You can PM/email a.k.a. Patrick if you have any questions on the products he sells.

I can`t comment on Zaino, since I`ve never used it.

01bluecls
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Zaino is a great product with top notch rated durability. It takes a little getting use to as far as application goes, but so do a lot of other sealants! I would just get the Z2Pro and ZFX. Their other products such as the Car wash, tire shine, leather care, QD are awesome as well. All of which i have used and still currently use.