PDA

View Full Version : Which carrier has the WORST service?

Pages : [1] 2

crobinso
02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Which carrier has the WORST service?

Accumulator
02-03-2005, 09:56 AM
In my case it`d be Airborn (sp? Airborne ?). I watched the driver (watched via my cc security cameras) toss a box marked "VERY FRAGILE/GLASS" *out the window of the van onto the concrete driveway*. When the guy saw me come running out of the house he accelerated away, obviously to avoid me. The package wasn`t damaged and I got decent lipservice when I called to complain, but still...

I`ve also had quite a fewthings disappear when I sent via USPS.

RedondoV6
02-03-2005, 10:24 AM
UPS .. I`ve had more breakages using UPS than with any other carrier. Even when there are no breakages, sometimes the boxes look trashed by the time they reach my door. Not good!

a.k.a. Patrick
02-03-2005, 10:36 AM
UPS, same comments as Redondo....Boxes are trashed, and Im concerned for the contents!

armoredsaint
02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

In my case it`d be Airborn (sp? Airborne ?). I watched the driver (watched via my cc security cameras) toss a box marked "VERY FRAGILE/GLASS" *out the window of the van onto the concrete driveway*. When the guy saw me come running out of the house he accelerated away, obviously to avoid me. The package wasn`t damaged and I got decent lipservice when I called to complain, but still...

I`ve also had quite a fewthings disappear when I sent via USPS.

I agree, all the drivers I have seen here in Columbus all look like ex-cons, one day I saw one probably doing close to 100 in a 65 zone on I-670. I think there ran by Libron, contractor. Anyways they suck.

ntoddalbert
02-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I heard UPS and Fed X are planning to merge and call the new company Fed UP

stilez
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
UPS: Pricey in my area and poorly located.

My top choice is FedEx. Best prices, nice people, modern facilities, quick and reliable.

mtodde
02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
http://www.fedexsucks.com/

Too bad there`s nothing there! It really differs by area. UPS is awesome in my area, but they should be - their world headquarters is within a mile & a half of where I live.

FedEx continuously sucks. Just this week I was home all day Tuesday...they had a package for me. Did they call from the security gate or come by and see if I was home so they could deliver the package? Of course not, they left it at the management office with no notice. If I hadn`t started to wonder today (Thursday) where the package was I never would have known it had arrived. I complained to the worthless FedEx customer service department yet again and I complained to the shipper. After all, I am their customer and I have dropped hundreds of dollars with this company (they don`t sell detailing supplies either, LOL). I told the company that if they wanted my future business they had to come up with an alternative to FedEx. They offered USPS Priority Mail as an alternative; that is service. At least the Post Office delivers!

Bottom line to any vendor out there...if FedEx is your only shipping method, you will NOT get my business in the future. I know there are people with similar DHL, UPS & USPS stories. That`s why you as a supplier MUST offer multiple shipping options...because you never know what company your potential customer has a problem with...and you`d probably rather ship UPS or USPS to me than loose my business...if you want to stay in business that is.

travisdecpn
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I think UPS is faily inefficient, I was watching the tracking on my package that will "hopefully" be here tomorrow, and it went from Sacramento, down to Sylmar, keep in mind that it passed right by me being that I live in the central valley. It seems that Sacramento should be a hub that feeds the valley. Oh well, at least they aren`t as bad as Fedex.

imported_ajbarnes
02-03-2005, 11:27 PM
UPS - for the same reasons mentioned.

04MysticCobra
02-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Just received my package yesterday via FedEx HD from my Autopia order during the sale. glad to see that autopia uses Fedex for their shipments. they give excellent service and the package comes delivered clean with no damage. like I said in the other service thread UPS has let me down so many times in the past with damaged shipments that its just not worth the aggravation. there are many Autopians here that have had good service over the years with UPS and thats great. unfortunately that was not the case for me.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

eclipsegt05
02-04-2005, 04:33 PM
UPS sucks ! They overcharge and are careless about handling fragile packages. Haven`t had any problems with fedex. I can`t say anything great about USPS: just that you will usually get your package, sometimes 2 months after it was shipped.

6cyl's_of_fury
02-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Its kinda like asking if you want your car stolen and trashed or stolen and torched. All courier companies are much of a muchness......

lagniappe
02-04-2005, 08:57 PM
USPS service is not good. Packages get there when they get there. Next day often means two day service. UPS Next Day Air and FedEX priority always get there the next day.

92MX83
02-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I purchased an $850 Dell computer on eBay. The seller sent it via UPS in December. Yesterday, after weeks of wondering, phone calls, emails, and weeping and gnashing of teeth, I found out that UPS had lost it. That`s right, GONE! :mad: Tracking number, shipping confirmation, they even put a tracer on it, all meant nothing. How the h*ll does a "leading" shipping company like UPS lose a FORTY-POUND COMPUTER! Good Lord!

Fortunately, it was insured, and I will be getting a refund in a week or two. Oh well, the search continues... :rolleyes:

Somewhere out there, somebody is REALLY enjoying their FREE Dell Dimension 3 GHz P4 w/ 1.0 Gb RAM, DVD+RW, 80G HD, and a 128Mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I`m about as thrilled for them as I can possibly be...:grrr

Let`s face it, I got :sign

Damn UPS...