PDA

View Full Version : Which carrier has the BEST service?

crobinso
02-03-2005, 09:08 AM
This thread http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50180 about USPS has prompted me to conduct a quick poll.

Which carrier has the BEST service? Is it:

USPS Priority Mail

UPS

FedEx

Other (name)

AlexRuiz
02-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Winner but doesn`t count: Estafeta :p

My very personal experience while being in SE Michigan goes this way:

1) Airborne Express at OfficeMax (now DHL) with the best rates, the fastest gorund service, real time tracking, careful with the packages and the convenience of location at each OM. Did I mention that very often OM has coupon to make the shipping even cheaper?

2) FedEx. Ground service similar to above, but a little more expensive and takes a day longer. Express saver may be the best combination of price and speed.

3) USPS and UPS. USPS is fast, UPS is more reliable. Still airborne ran circles around them.

Accumulator
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Having had all kinds of problems (and heard all kinds of excuses) from everybody else (including USPS :rolleyes: ), when it *really* matters I send it FedEx.

Bill D
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
FedEx Overnight for sure!

RedondoV6
02-03-2005, 10:21 AM
You get what you pay for .... Fedex is best IMHO.

Having a major UPS hub in my hometown helps some with the speed of their delivery.

jvcn
02-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Fedex does almost everything. They even delivered a car! When I bought a car off Ebay, not only did they undercut the price of the shippers that were commonly used but the service was excellent.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks for posting this pole !

Are we considering prices here ? Obviously UPS and FedEx, USPS first class would be ranked together?

I favor FedEx for prices and service.....

crobinso
02-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Thanks for posting this pole ! It was my pleasure. It seems the timing was right, so I posted.

Charles

jasonmac
02-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I`ve been pretty lucky with UPS and FedEx (knocks on wood), though strictly on delivery time, FedEx shows up sooner than UPS.

USPS hasn`t been horrible for the few things I`ve shipped out, and there`s always been a post office around.

04MysticCobra
02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
UPS has damaged too many of my packages in the past 10 years and I tend to stay away from them. I use FedEx most of the time and USPS sometimes. Both of them have given me good reliable sevice without any damages.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

boywonder
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I have gotten the best service out of FedEx. USPS is a close second. UPS is a distant third.

Spilchy
02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by PrinzII

I have gotten the best service out of FedEx. USPS is a close second. UPS is a distant third.

I completely agree, with USPS having the best ship rates.

imported_NYV6Coupe
02-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Gotta go with FedEx, I`ve had issues with UPS.

I bought tires from TireRack & shipping from Delaware to WNY was about $32 for 4 tires. I sold 4 tires to a guy near Binghamton,NY & I took the tires to UPS. They weighed & measured them, total shipping was about $27 ..... shorter distance = less money.

About 3 weeks later my card was charged $14 more for "special handling charges" on the tires. I called to protest & they said the tires were not properly packaged. TireRack sends 4 tires in 2 bundles of 2. They`re bound with plastic string & packing tape so I bundled mine the same & UPS hits me with extra charges.

Do the math ... Delaware to WNY is $32 and WNY to mid-NYS is $42 .... and it`s about 1/2 the distance.

When I have a choice it`s FedEx. If it`s a small package then USPS Priority is a close 2nd because this makes Saturday delivery a possibility rather than sitting in a warehouse over the weekend.

joshcaro
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
For someone who has shipped hundreds of items from 3 oz`s up to 120 lbs. For larger items I always always go to Fedex. They are by far cheaper with larger items.

UPS takes forever to deliver, yet they are a bit more reliable in my book.

USPS is my "go to" carrier. USPS Priority never takes longer than 3 days to anywhere in the US and their rates beat all others when shipping smaller items.

SVR
02-06-2005, 01:29 AM
I can`t vote in this poll as I`m australian

All the american suppliers I shop with, use USPS global express (4-10 day delivery) for international orders due to low cost and reliable service

The pricing is very reasonable and so far I have not had a problem with it

The package is perfect without a scratch on it

Compare that with UPS, they`re overseas air mail charges are through the roof

I wanted to buy adams products recently but when I saw the UPS shipping rate for my order (they only use UPS), that ruled out any chance of buying it

Price was $197 USD.

Compare that with $25-100 for USPS.

have read a few threads here about UPS posted parcels arriving with severe damage.

USPS has 4-6 week ground for us foreigners, parcel post, worldwide expedited and a few others.

I get full tracking and each order has arrived right on time.