PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this??? Another novel use for products!

REX-RACER
02-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Years ago someone told me that you could remove the scratches from a skipping CD by going over it w/ car wax! I thought that was kinda odd and I never really tried it but since I have become part of the autopian community I have realized what this person may have really been telling me is that a car polish w/ mild abrasive may smooth the surface out enough to remove the scratches.

Since we`ve seen so many threads of people using their detailing products on stuff other than cars during these long slow winter months, I was just wondering if anyone had tried this???

I may give it a shot w/ some SSR2 or #83 w/ some old scratched CDs I have laying around . . . :nixweiss

Eliot Ness
02-03-2005, 09:23 AM
There have been a couple of threads on this. I have, in the past, used a mild polish to restore a very badly scratched CD. I can`t remember exactly what I used, but now that I have both AIO and VM I think I`d try AIO first, followed up by VM.

Seems like SSR2 or #83 may be a bit too harsh to start out with, but if VM doesn`t do it then you don`t have too much to loose. Sometimes just a good cleaning works, that`s why I`d try AIO first, plus it may fill in some of the imperfections.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44441&highlight=DVD

REX-RACER
02-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

There have been a couple of threads on this. I have, in the past, used a mild polish to restore a very badly scratched CD. I can`t remember exactly what I used, but now that I have both AIO and VM I think I`d try AIO first, followed up by VM.

Seems like SSR2 or #83 may be a bit too harsh to start out with, but if VM doesn`t do it then you don`t have too much to loose. Sometimes just a good cleaning works, that`s why I`d try AIO first, plus it may fill in some of the imperfections.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44441&highlight=DVD

Thanx EN! :xyxthumbs

I didn`t even think to do a search on this cause I thought it was an odball idea and I was actually coming up w/ something new . . . guess I still have a lot to learn from the autopia community! :p

salty
02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I`ve used 3M SMR and then a wax on a few cd`s and they almost came out perfect.