PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me Autopia...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

stilez
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I swear I didn`t want my car to look like this :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04162.jpg

This is it after a couple snow storms and sub-freezing temps. For the past 2 weeks it has been nothing but a snow and salt fest. The temps barely got over 20* and dipped right around the 0* mark at night. I love detailing, but not enough to *survive* a wash.

Yesterday and today HEATED UP to 35-37*. People were walking around in T-Shirts...pretty funny IMO. I got out of my class and went right to the DIY place. I hosed it down with soapy water for 2 mins, then fresh water for 3 mins. I drove home, had lunch, and then went to work. I just pre-soaked in S+W and then QEW`d it. I hit the rims/tires with Eagle One Wet Dressing. This is Zaino after a few weeks. No drop in shine or protection (no water spots or etching). The slickness has dropped a touch, but not much at all. It feels like I just applied a carnauba. Oh yeah, all that salt and such was on there for 16 days. I think that`s a record for me not to wash my Teg :eek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04174.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04175.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04181.jpg

Who else is battling the elements big time out there?

joshcaro
02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
As usual the Teg cleans up nicely.

Our weather hasnt been that bad, but for about 10 days we`ve had weather around 35...no sleet or snow at least in my area. Today is around 50 but with the wind its sooo cold. Tonight/tommorow we are supposed to get another hit of sleet/snow/freezing rain and im hoping it will stay to the north of me.

Ive been S&W under the carport so my car only looked that way for a day or 2.

hirosh
02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Who else is battling the elements big time out there?

i only have to deal with the rain right now. :p

zaino. wow, that is some awesome protection. 16 days of snow and salt on your `teg, and it comes out still looking good.

doublel
02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
:scared

I`ll bet an attached heated garage is in your future investment plans.

;)

mgm2003
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I had to put on my sunglasses for the after shots. Wow! It`s hard to believe that you keep your car outside 24 x 7.

hftw Audi 6
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Well sean i have your record beat!! haha i am going on like 20 days and my car is looking not any better then yours!! hoping to hit it today it`s like 40* out i had my windows open on the way home from school!! lol :dance

MS22
02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I never thought I would say that I wish it were raining. If there was any precipitation it would be in the form of snow or ice, being that for the past two months the temps have been between 35-10 for the high with one fluke day around 65?!? Even on the one nice day I was too busy to get anything done so I have been freezing, literally, by washing in the driveway and pulling into the heated garage which isnt all that bad; although the Spring semester started up Monday and I am no longer home with the luxury of a heated garage so I am not looking forward to the next few months.

ScubaStevo
02-02-2005, 01:33 PM
:( all of you have seen the buick :( Just a "wee" bit worse than your situation. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sexpert/Outsidepractise017.jpg

OJ_GTI
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
My car looks way worse. I`m praying my QEW shipment gets here tomorrow because I`m taking a vacation day on Friday just to clean the car. It`s going to be 2*C - that`s 36* F for our US cousins.

The back of my VW GTI gets dirty so fast - the hatch gets the worst of it.

GoodnClean
02-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Mine looked worse than both of them combined. I sprayed it off at the DIY place yesterday and ran it through a touchless and it looks better, but not great. We`re supposed to have a stretch of decent weather here so maybe tomorrow I`ll wash it properly. The roads here are so slimy that it`d get dirty again going down the street. At least its out of danger now lol

MongooseGA
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Your car hates you.

;)

I would wash the Jeep, but it`s 3 hours away in D.C. :(

SpoiledMan
02-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Dude, the elements SUCK big time here today. It`s only 69 and the weatherman promised 75!

TW85 HHI
02-02-2005, 02:43 PM
43º today with rain. Weather has been crappy for about a week. :(

JaCkaL829
02-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I`m happy you got to clean your Teg. Looks like Zaino will be your "winter armor" to come. Is that a chunk of snow stuck in your grille??

This weekend I plan on detailing all 3 of the family cars. This weather does feel incredible compared to the below 0 weather we`ve been having the past 2 weeks. Almost felt like spring when I was walking to class. If the temperature stays like this the rest of the winter, i`d be happy.

stilez
02-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I`m glad I`m not the only one feeling pain :)

MS22: I whole heartedly agree! I would much rather have rain. Good thing about rain is that it will wash the sand, salt, etc off the roads and aid in snow melting. Problem is now, I just drove for a half hour and around my wheel wells and rear bumper are a mess. All of the snow is melting and just making mud out of the roads.

Spoiled Man: No fair!

Yes a garage is in my near future :).