PDA

View Full Version : detail king

ericsscion
02-02-2005, 11:23 AM
i was`nt sure exactly where to post this so i`ll assume here....

What do u guys think about the detail king seminars? Has anyone taken one and if so did you get anything of real value out of it.

I`m considering taking one of their seminars but i`m not too sure about it.

googledude
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I went in November, and didn`t think it was a bad seminar. The first day was pretty well put together with marketing ideas and information on where and how to find possible business. BE PREPARED TO HEAR ABOUT EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT THEY OFFER....caues believe me they will tell you. That is one thing I did not care for a hole lot. They seemed to emphasize product over tecnique in many cases IMHO. Overall it wasn`t too bad.

If you go watch out for the extractor! When my "instructor AKA college kid" dumped the water into the bucket and it was all brown after cleaning the minivan there were plenty of "oooo`s" and "ahhhh`s" going around. Well...lets face it...their extractor soap you spray on the carpet before extraction is BROWN...now what color would one honestly expect the water to come out?

They are very friendly though and do a pretty decent job of getting some basics across. When it came to the hands on day what it really showed me is how much I already knew...but for the sake of the PRICE that he`s charging for the seminar it`s not bad at all.

Mark

googledude
02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
There was also a post on here some time where RobertM summed up the marketing day and posted it in typed text. Pretty good peice info to look at before going from a fellow autopian

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35215&highlight=detail+king

also see...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40228&highlight=DetailKing

m2mazda6
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I also went to this seminar it was pretty good for me it gives you a few extra tips on process to me it was worth it :up

there product is pretty good also

ericsscion
02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
does anyone know if someone does deminars in newjersey like that.... or a pro detailer that might be intersted charging me to teach me some stuff