PDA

View Full Version : I`ve got the bug, bad!

q_tip98444
02-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I came to the conclusion last night that I have the detailing bug, bad. Since my car was declared a total loss, I was fine for the first couple days, then it started to go down hill. Over the last several days I used some metal polish on my watch, my ring, and the door knobs in the house. Then I got to thinkin, hmmmm, what would it do if I cleaned the TV screen? So it got some mothers cleaner wax that I had lying around, then put on a top coat of #26 :o . The picture is actually better!!! Then last night it got really bad. I couldn`t sleep, so I started plunderin in my supplies. I ended up using PlastiX on some of my other bottles. (my #80 bottle has never been so shiny!) My family has discussed calling a therapist for me :rolleyes: .

scottlee
02-02-2005, 09:52 AM
LOL

well i dont think your alone on all of this, you gave me a smile for the day, now i feel justified that when i wash the caps to all my products and wipe the bottles down, never thought of polishing hte bottles, thanks for the tip. oh and 303 or other dressings will keep your shop vac looking nice inside and otu, make it easier to clean, works great on the cord and extension cords, ahhhhh for some nice wether all the equipment is looking good and ready :D

q_tip98444
02-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Glad to know I`m not alone, I feel more sane now. Great tip on the shop vac, hadn`t thought of that. Although I did just wipe down my suround sound system with some Black Magic protectant. Before ya know it I`m gonna have to put low wattage bulbs in all my fixtures so people won`t get blinded. ;)

TDMAN
02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I hope you are joking. If not, you need some serious help!

q_tip98444
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Sadly TD, I`m not. Well actually I only did two of the door knobs, but I doubt that makes me seem any more sane. I have to keep moving during the day or my back stiffens up after the wreck which is why I am doin some of this. I did the tv out of pure boredom. My watch I did cause I`m too cheap to buy a new one. It looks damn good for being worn constantly for about a year and being a thrity dollar watch to begin with:p Oh yeah, and my family strongly agrees with you. They don`t understand why, I think that if it can shine that it should. Oh well.

q_tip98444
02-02-2005, 04:06 PM
After replying to this (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=486273#post486273) thread I thought I should post a disclaimer here also.

Do not wax a regular tv or monitor screen. I should have stated previously that I have protective plastic sheilds on both. Also do not touch an LCD screen of any kinda with anything but specialty products. If you choose to use some kind of protectant on your electronics, which mine actually need beccause they are exposed to sun coming in through the windows, do not use it on the ventilation holes. You do not want to risk clogging them ore somehow getting anything inside of the machine you are cleaning. When my screens were not sheilded I used nothing but a damp soft cloth to clean them and it always worked perfectly.

This explanation is a little late as I`m sure the majority of you already think I`m a lunatic lol. I`m actually quite sane, I don`t care waht those papers the state gave me say. (j/k) :wavey

Carl Anderson
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
My wife knows me well enough to know that "what I`m into I`m into." And for the past few years it has been cars and detailing. For Christmas I bought myself a Makita rotary buffer, and before you know it I have polished and sealed two sets of washers and dryers, my John Deere lawn mower, and most recently my 28 year old Makita tractor (love that single stage orange paint). And yes I do have a sort of withdrawal if I am unable to detail, for weather reasons etc. But hey it is not killing anyone or anything, nor does it interfere with my profession as a veterinarian or my home life. The bonus is that it is relaxing and gives me a great deal of satisfaction, which is moot because, as Bill D. has pointed out,"THERE IS NO CURE."