PDA

View Full Version : Tire shine

Pages : [1] 2

DutchDetailer
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
What product gives the tire that best shine without being too glossy and having that "fake" look?

I am currently using Autoglym, I am pretty happy with the results, would like to know if there`s something I am missing out on. :nixweiss

01bluecls
02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I very satisfied with Zaino Z16 "Perfect Tire Gloss." No sling. Just the right amount of gloss. Pretty decent durability until it rains. <--- I think most tire products are like that anyway, well at the ones I have used.

Here`s a pic of 2 in a row applications of Z-16

One coat dries to a nice low gloss. Two coats has a little more sheen but is still not greasy looking and still doesnt sling.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17191z_topped_p21s_4.jpg

MS22
02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Wolfgang tire gel is my favorite.

spotpad
02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
How about some Grape Tire Dressing? I`ve never tried it but it`s on my to-buy list for 2005. Here`s the link:

http://www.topoftheline.com/graptirdres.html

RedondoV6
02-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 01bluecls

I very satisfied with Zaino Z16 "Perfect Tire Gloss." No sling. Just the right amount of gloss. Pretty decent durability...

I`ll second the `try Zaino Z16 Tire Dressing` recommendation.

Z16 is a water based, polymer dressing that comes bottled as a very thin liquid (water-like, but it `wets` tires very quickly).

Z16 gives a satin finish with none of the thick, syrup coated or oily look that some tire dressings can leave and for a water based product, the durability is very good. I applied Z16 to brand new Goodyear`s 3 weeks ago and the dressing is just starting to look like it needs to be reapplied. In that time, I`ve washed the the vehicle in a touchless car wash twice and we`ve had freezing rain, ice, sleet and some salt/sand mix on some roads (it is a daily driver). Your experence on Z16 durability may vary with conditions and with your tires, but it does seem to last better than most dressings in it`s class. Also, I`ve experienced no problems with sling.

Another thing I notice: I think partially because it is a very thin liquid and also becuase it appears to be very rich in polymers, a little Z16 does go a VERY long way compared to other gel and spray dressings I have tried.

I found the best application method for Z16 to be by foam applicator, priming the foam pad then applying to the tire. Do not over load the applicator, or excess Z16 will just run off and be wasted. Z16 applies very easily over even raised and textured tire walls and normally it gives a very consistant finish after just one application, although I tend to apply a second coat for durability.

If you like a very `natural looking` satin or low gloss tire dressing Zaino Z16 is definitely worth trying for yourself. The more I use Zaino Z16 tire dressing, side by side with other products, the more I seem to like it! Two thumbs up from me! :xyxthumbs

smfrycruzr
02-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Stoners MSLT...

JayC
02-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I`ve got a new tire/rubber dressing that im testing for Tropi-Care that goes on sale in a couple of weeks. It`s quite different than the old stuff (Which isnt going to be dropped, BTW) as it`s water based and doesn`t give the "super bling" effect that the current offering does. The durability also seems to be very, VERY good.

I`ll try to get some pictures and a review posted up soon but just letting you know that there is something else coming :)

Wasatch
02-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Hey JayC,

I have some as well, but the weather is not cooperating out here. I would like to hear your review and see some pics. Was told not to apply under 50 degree weather.

detailedcars
02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Grape from TOL is great, I use it on my cars, and customers. Love the look, and durability. The more it is used on a car, the less you need, (i.e. next washings)

JayC
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

Hey JayC,

I have some as well, but the weather is not cooperating out here. I would like to hear your review and see some pics. Was told not to apply under 50 degree weather.

Yea.. I actually created an artificial enviroment to test this stuff.. coupla ceramic heaters out in the garage going full blast to get the temp up.

I`ve been monitoring durability and so far Im please. I`ll get some pictures up probably this weekend and a short review. So far seems to be good stuff tho.

Lowejackson
02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I think the biggest difference between Autoglym and others is the preference factor. The AG seems to give a nice sheen whereas other products will give higher or lower levels of gloss.

Nick M
02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I like the AG Tyre Dressing too, although, its the only tyre product that I have used.

If it ain`t broke, don`t fix it in my case :)

scottabir
02-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Pinnacle Black Onyx is my favorite for my ride. Just enough satin look without being shiny/wet.

imported_The Uncle
02-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by MS22

Wolfgang tire gel is my favorite.

I like that stuff too. Great durability, and a bottle last a long time.

spotter
02-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I have a gallon of 303 but I rarely use it on my tires because it just doesn`t last that long but I do like the look it has more than anything else. I end up using the Original Armour All that I got from Costco for next to nothing. If I biff it just a little after application it is not too shiny and holds up pretty good. Cheap, easy, no sling and looks good.