PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #66

imported_pugoman
02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Anyone use #66?

I was thinking of getting a gallon to use as a general purpose one-step when doing other people`s cars.

Just interested to hear about it`s qualities. Also, the description on the Meguiars site mentions that it has an `aggressive cutting action` but it`s only 4 on the abrasive scale which seems odd. Can`t seem to find much in the way of info on it.

Cheers.

mtmaher1
02-01-2005, 04:36 PM
i got a gallon a few years back. I`ve had good luck with it. I use it with my rotary and a perfect it waffle foam pad. It seems to cut through the crud / oxidation and gets rid of swirls pretty effectivly. It leaves the surface smooth and protected. I like it as a 1 step product. Plus you can`t beat the price. A gallon goes a long way!

NEW AGAIN
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes. I used it today on Chevy truck made $145.00 + a $20.00 tip trade in I think he is getting 2nd thoughts on trading the truck in.

Great one step product VERY. Worth the $$$$$$$$$$ use it with DA / Polisher can`t beat the results.

1 Clean WS6
02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
It`s fairly strong one step product. Though rated at the same cutting ability as #80 I would question that. It does remove some defects but not nearly as well as a dedicated polish. The look has a nice soft glow to it and it does deepen dark colors some. #66 also leaves a super slick feel to the finish.

EBPcivicsi
02-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I think #66 is a great one step. Easy to use, leaves a slick fairly durable finish (consistently getting 10 weeks plus in Memphis), and can remove some serious oxidation.

I do find that it is more of a chemical cleaner that removes oxidation and stains better than it does swirls. Applied with the cyclo or PC with a polishing pad itr can do some slight defect removal.

I have about a half gallon left if you want to try some(just PM me). From what I understand there are two versions, one green and one pink. The green is the newer of the two, I have the older pink version. I have no idea what the difference is....

mtmaher1
02-02-2005, 09:22 AM
wow mine must be really old cuz its a purple color