PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Daytona Beach

1900 Driver
11-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone!
I`ve been lurking here for a couple of months and finally decided to post. I`m considerating starting a part time mobile business and thought I`d ask around to find out about where other people may have gone for training. I would like to break into both automotive and aircraft detailing, and I think that learning on the job is definately NOT the way to learn this trade. Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Maybe I could work out a volume deal with those NASCAR drivers over at the Daytona speedway....Hmmmm (LOL)

rollman
11-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Greetings and :welcome to the DC ! There`s plenty of detailing school that have popped up in the last few years. Check with your local chemical suppier they my offer some type of training. Hang around her long enough and you`ll learn tons of stuff . :bigups Good luck

:dcrules

kgb
11-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone!
I`ve been lurking here for a couple of months and finally decided to post. I`m considerating starting a part time mobile business and thought I`d ask around to find out about where other people may have gone for training. I would like to break into both automotive and aircraft detailing, and I think that learning on the job is definately NOT the way to learn this trade. Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Maybe I could work out a volume deal with those NASCAR drivers over at the Daytona speedway....Hmmmm (LOL)

Welcome. Daytona is nice, I got a lot of family in Ormand by the Sea. Very nice down there. Daytona`s Downtown area is very nice and I love going to the dog track and poker room next to the Speedway. I actually got a business card from a guy who owned a place called "Rob`s Mobile Detailing" last I was down there. LOL

JaredPointer
11-26-2004, 07:18 PM
:welcome

Hawaiianelement
11-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Aloha and welcome from Hawaii. I`ve learned most if not all my info from guys on this site and on the job. You`d be surprised that once you find the do`s and dont`s that it just takes practice and its not that difficult. Practice on your own cars and families and you `ll be up to speed in no time.
I have a mobile detailing business for about 6 months and just got my proposal signed by a flight school. I have 12 aircraft to maintain . Singles and twins . I`m not trying to be a "know-it-all " or anything I just want to give credit to the members here that have helped my business flurish ..Good luck ..

Nickc0844
11-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Welcome to DC....

Your in a great town for detailing, that`s for sure. You have the flight academy right down the street from the speedway.

I detailed earlier this year when I was there for bike week...maybe we`ll hook up next year :)