PDA

View Full Version : SSR2 in action

6']['9
01-31-2005, 01:24 AM
i found this pic earlier and thought id share it. This was a detail i did over a year ago. notice the oldschool poorboys label ;) it took care of the oxidation very well.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/14478oxidation.jpg

LarryM
01-31-2005, 12:58 PM
can`t wait to do my mom`s explorer, her hood looks just as bad, maybe worse

LarryM
01-31-2005, 01:00 PM
BTW you have a TA right....how do you get under the rear spoiler? I HATE cleaning that area, as well as the windshield and rear window.

REX-RACER
01-31-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by LarryM

BTW you have a TA right....how do you get under the rear spoiler? I HATE cleaning that area, as well as the windshield and rear window.

Been wondering that myself for my Mustang? :confused: I wouldn`t be surprised if some people just said to take it off! :nixweiss

qwik5o
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Is it really true that the SSR products can be worked with in the sun?

J/W

joshcaro
01-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Awesome work Jay.

Are you guys asking how to polish under the spoiler? What I do/did is just take an applicator and rub it. Actually most times I neglect that part because essentially you cant see it and usually it will not be as proned to marring and such I feel.

1slow50: Yes the whole Poorboys lineup I believe can be used in the sun. Ive used most of them in the sun with good results.

scottabir
01-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 1SLOW50

Is it really true that the SSR products can be worked with in the sun?

J/W

Yes they work very well in the sun. No problems of it drying to fast or hard to rub off.

Been wondering that myself for my Mustang? I wouldn`t be surprised if some people just said to take it off!

By PC or rotary I use the 8 in pads to get under the spoiler enough to polish it. If I have to I go from the other side of it to reach where I couldn`t from the back side. Or if it is REALLY tight fit hand polish it.

6']['9
01-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by LarryM

Ive actually removed the spoiler and buffed it with a rotory and it came out good. When i do my normal wash or detail routine. I always use a mf applicartor w/ AIO to clean under there and after that i just apply my regular sealant. Being WG or EXP whatever im using. It seems line the sealants last pretty long under there cause that section doesnt get much rain or sunlight,

Now with mustangs i dont know that spoiler area is pretty tight.

qwik5o
01-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can get PB products but pay with a money order? Can`t find anywhere...:(

gto78
01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
nice outcome

LarryM
02-02-2005, 05:45 PM
lol, don`t think i`ll be taking off my spoiler....the damn thing is pretty big.....For a Mustang it looks/seems fairly easy to take off and put back on

I think i`ll do what CutNAction does