PDA

View Full Version : Armor All Power Wash Gel

Acura_RL
01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
A couple of weeks ago my sister purchased a bottle of Armor All`s Power Wash Gel from Wal-Mart. I thought nothing of it, as I am used to using EO`s car wash soap. But this weekend I thought I`d give it a try.

Picture yourself washing your car with shampoo--literally. This stuff is thick like shampoo and you just squeeze a few drops on a wet surface and go at it. It lathers up very nicely and smells nice too. I felt like I was giving my car a bubble bath. :) And no buckets involved.

Using the gel wash would be ok as long as you follow up with a wax job, like I did. Just based on how concentrated this stuff is, I doubt any layer of wax would survive after washing with this soap, so make sure you have a jar of s100 handy.

ntwrkguy1
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Interesting.....I was in AutoZone yesterday, and saw the Armor All. Thought about it for a minute, but decided against it, even though I`m totally out of my Meg`s Gold Class Car Wash right now.

I`d have to agree with you......I`m not sure that wax would survive a process like that. Did it do a good job cleaning your car?

Acura_RL
02-01-2005, 07:14 PM
I`d have to say yes. Washing it felt like washing your hair with shampoo: so nice and foamy and full of lather. Heh, but too much is no good.

TW85 HHI
02-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Haven`t used it but the idea alone sounds like a perfect way to scratch your paint.

imported_The Uncle
02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Acura_RL

I`d have to say yes. Washing it felt like washing your hair with shampoo: so nice and foamy and full of lather. Heh, but too much is no good.

I bet that it left your car silky, bouncy, and easy to comb.

MongooseGA
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
/\ And flake free, too!

Acura_RL
02-01-2005, 09:34 PM
LOL! It left the paint with extra volume.

I did apply some to the wash mit before using it on the paint. I doubt it would scratch the paint unless your car is really filthy and you didn`t rinse it good enough.

Like I said, I wouldn`t be using the stuff frequently.

LNATIVS
02-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I tried it once and will never use it again. If you don`t rinse it off good enough, it will leave a haze on your finish.

Would only use it as a last resort.