PDA

View Full Version : DACP bit the dust !

Pages : [1] 2

a.k.a. Patrick
01-30-2005, 07:03 PM
1/2 way through detailing on Saturday, a long day I might add, F-150, Pacific Blue VW Passat W8, and a black Audi All Road, I accidentally dropped my 32oz`er of DACP. Now mind you, we`ve all dropped a bottle here or there, suffered a little dent in the corner, or bruised our ego while we were being watched. When this bottle hit the floor, it nearly exploded, well actually it did! The representative picture illustrates my dilemna. Not to mention the mess it made on the pavement, the drivers door, ego, shoes, and hands while I had to clean it up...I didnt have an MT bottle of anything to transfer my remnants to. Im currently out of a bottle of DACP, and I was just rejuvinating my DACP skills.......(#80 didnt cut it this time). Sore body, bruised ego, no mas DACP, what else do the mighty detail gods have in store for me ?

MongooseGA
01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Isn`t the DACP bottle plastic?

What caused it to shatter like that?

White95Max
01-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Were you detailing the car 5 stories up or what? Holy cow!

Bill D
01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I keep all of my polishes in 2-3 oz bottles. Originally my purpose was to force myself to not use too much product and to be able easily carry them in my pockets or detailing knap sack to be mobile at all times. Now I see another reason. I`m sure happy it didn`t drop on the car. :scared:

a.k.a. Patrick
01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I guess in a perfect world, nothing would have happened.... it must have hit the floor just right.....like square on the bottom, cuz the top 1/4 of the bottle literally blew off.....The lid was closed, and when it hit, it must have pressurized just enough to find a weak spot, ...Kahblam !

Bill, I always keep a safe zone around the car, about 5ft, but it still splattered everywhere..... No pouring anything over any vehicle surface...And like you, the small bottles, 16oz`ers, i keep in the back pocket......

Bill D
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I use even smaller bottles, literally pocket sized 2 or 3 ozers I got from US Plastic.

EBPcivicsi
01-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Must have been a perfect, or not-so-perfect drop. I have dropped several of the meguiars 32oz bottles over the years and NEVER had them explode. I bet it was a MESS!!!!!

I like to use the 8oz yorker style bottles for my polishes. I am sure the 2oz bottles would work, but I often do multiple details in one day so I need a bit more polish.

forrest@mothers
01-30-2005, 07:45 PM
patrick - do a search from a while back. Manufacturers were forced to make bottles thinner to save on landfill waste several years ago.

You`ve seen the result of that swell law.

ntoddalbert
01-30-2005, 07:45 PM
I have had the exact same thing happen, also with DACP and twice with AIO. I bought the little bottles but never started using them

colche
01-30-2005, 08:04 PM
bombs away!!! yechhh! did you reuse the polish that landed on the car?!? -- 32oz what a waste :(

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
There have also been complaints over on MOL about the pro bottles breaking when dropped.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
I was moving from the drivers door to front qtr panel when it happened, so when it got n the car, it got on what i just finished.....

Forrest, now i know....sheeesh i had no idea it was do to space savings, now im forced to get it to the landfill before its time! So instead of one bottle there, now Ill have two !

Colche, i used what was left for the job, and trashed the rest, probably a good 1/2 bottle....

tripper_11
01-30-2005, 08:44 PM
:eek: awful!

Good thing I buy #83 ad #80 in gallons. I`m forced to transfer them in a 8 oz. dispenser. (like those you see in hotdog or burger stand) Kinda feels like putting some dressings over the pad!:D

gearhead
01-30-2005, 08:54 PM
now im forced to get it to the landfill before its time! So instead of one bottle there, now Ill have two !

I`m sure it was more of a pita and ego than anything. This just seems to be the result of another short-sighted overly simplistic law. Unfortunately, probably no one has ever had that happen to a bottle of Dawn or Nu-finish!:(

TW85 HHI
01-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Similar thing happened to me with a bottle of AIO. Didn`t have anything to transfer the product into so I pulled the duct tape out. Yes, I`m serious.