PDA

View Full Version : AIO Wash Tip

Pages : [1] 2

JeffM
01-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I found a use for making AIO into a washing solution.

What i did was put maybe 1/2 oz of AIO into a pump spray filled with water.

Great for the door jambs!

Left them clean and feeling slickish :)

audipower
01-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Are you a chemical major? Probably not, because you just water`d down a product. Especially when it`s made not to mix with water and probably specially formulated. Have you ever tried to remove AIO on a damp let alone wet hood? Pain in the azz. I`m no chemical expert but I do play one on TV.

How did it buff out? Man I want to see some pics!!! Well, I hope it works out for ya.! If you want to get in door jams use big medical swabs. Looks like q-tips for gorillas. Just a tad on it goes along waaaayy.

Good luck!

JeffM
01-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Yawn...

Per the directions AIO can be used as a car wash. So i guess it is then able to be mixed with water huh?

I used it as a QD with a MF. Inside my door is shiney and clean.

perhaps you thought i tossed 5 gallons of it onto my door jams?

I was focusing more on the area around the door, by the seat and roof, not really the hinge area.

But thanks again for your concern.

imported_COBRyan
01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by audipower

Are you a chemical major? Probably not, because you just water`d down a product. Especially when it`s made not to mix with water and probably specially formulated.

:rolleyes:

Mark Waldron
01-30-2005, 06:42 PM
I`ve been doing the same thing with AIO for a long time. I actually use it as a quick detail spray. It works fantastic. The nice thing about AIO is the FACT that it is water soluble.

White95Max
01-30-2005, 06:59 PM
That seems like a pretty expensive detail spray. Are you saying you use it as a QD over a waxed surface? I would think the AIO would have some negative effect on the wax layer.

raymond_ho2002
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
audipower: http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

The relevant part from this site:

"â€Â¢ NEVER USE DISH DETERGENT for washing your car. Use a capful of this polish [AIO] instead. Although you will not have a foamy cleaning solution, dirt will be lifted from your vehicleâ€â„¢s surface."

When I use aio, i`ll dampen my pads with water first so it spreads thinner. It does mix in with water pretty nicely and I haven`t had much problems removing it off a car when it is diluted as such.

white95max: The cost isn`t that much of an issue. If you figure $20 for 16oz, and you use 1 oz AIO plus 16oz water, that`s a little more than a dollar per 16oz detail spray. I do remember reading somewhere mentioning that aio at that concentration will not strip wax. I`m not agreeing with what was said; i`m only parroting it.

White95Max
01-30-2005, 08:46 PM
That`s true. I was thinking that he used straight AIO for a QD though.

raymond_ho2002
01-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Paul,

Here`s a link with the aio as qd info:

http://www.klassedirect.com/5minutedetail.html

According to them, 2 - 3 oz per 16oz, so that`s $3 - 4 per 16oz.

Personally I`m surprised by this suggestion and am pretty skeptical.. but i`ll still get around to trying it eventually.

Mark Waldron
01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I don`t use wax on my vehicles, just sealants. I buy Klasse in the 101.4 oz. container for $77. I use 3 oz AIO plus 13 oz. water. That comes out to .76 cents per oz. A 16 oz. supply of home made AIO quick detail spray costs me $2.28. That breaks down to $18.24 per gallon. That`s pretty reasonable considering I can use it on both acyrlic and polymer sealants.

White95Max
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
OK I didn`t realize that you diluted it with water. Yes that would be a lot cheaper than ordinary QD.

JeffM
01-30-2005, 09:47 PM
All this time i thought i invented an awesome QD....

I most likely didnt put in enough AIO. Like i said, maybe an 1/2 oz. for 8oz. of water, and i thought it worked well. I will " kick it up a notch" though.

:)

Mark Waldron
01-30-2005, 10:17 PM
White95Max,

I guess I`ll be seeing you at the detail seminar. Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

klnyc
01-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Great tips, I gotta try that. What the ratio again?

10:1?

Mark Waldron
01-30-2005, 10:21 PM
I use 3 oz. AIO plus 13 oz. water. Just remember to shake it real good before each use.