PDA

View Full Version : QEW saves the day (long)

MorBid
01-29-2005, 05:57 PM
K, so it was a nice day here in Rochester, NY (30 degrees and no snow or rain) so I figured I`d wash my A4 today.

Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea

I cruise on over to my fav Laser Wash cause the car is caked with salt and the lines for the self wash bays are 6 deep and 10+ for the laser stalls.

Outta there and go to another one run by the same company but a little farther away. Same frigging thing.

The snow on the ground in the self wash bays is over a foot deep. Mostly from people with pickup trucks with plows on them dumping it all off with the pressure wand.

I wait and get in the pressure wash bay to do my wheels and wells, as well as give the body a good blast before getting into line for the laser wash.

After waiting in that line for 40 min`s I`m finally next and the friggin machine won`t take credit cards. (bad words deleted)

Drop it into gear and burn outta there for the house. Of course now the rockers, lower doors quarter panels have as much road salt on them as before I dropped $5.00 in quarters.

Broke out the buckets and QEW`ed the car in the parking lot in 40 min`s. Even did the inside door jams as well. Although the temp had now dropped to 27 degrees ourtside.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent. Wasted a whole friggin day.

imported_liam
01-29-2005, 06:14 PM
sorry to hear that...

makes me glad i can wash my car anytime of the year living in sunny queensland Aus. - i think it may have got down to 5 degrees C last year...what that about 40 on the imperial scale.

bluemoon
01-29-2005, 07:04 PM
QEW will safley clean a very dirty car. Frequent dipping of the wash mit and a gentle hand when washing go along way to keep from scratching. The QEW has been powerful enuff to clean our wintery, salt/sand/dirt covered cars this winter with excellent results. I do try to make it to coin operated washes to clean out the wheel wells ocasionally. QEW sure does make washing vehicles in winter less of a hassle.

MorBid
01-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Liam:

Ahh yes, I have fond memories of my times "down under". But only made it to Perth W.A.. Sometimes to Freemantle.

Swilling down Swan and Emu lager in those "huge" bottles. Man those were the days.

Bluemoon:

I was always a bit scared of using QEW on a heavlily salty car. Plus like the fact the laser wash gives me a undercarriage cleaning as well.

I did a two mitt job yesterday. One pass with one mitt the dump that one in the cleaning bucket and use the next mitt before drying.

Made a big difference. What I really need is a (heated) garage.

Ohh and a lift...