PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate people vs. remedy..

Pages : [1] 2

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Another instance of getting "bumped" from inconsiderate people getting out of their parallel park at work...

I`ve tried every evasive park procedure....to no avail.

Here is my remedy:

First pic: two fingernail scratches and rubbed paint

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
products: 3M Rubbing Compound Fine Cut + Swirl Mark Remover+ Mother`s Pre Wax Cleaner (I was going to use the cleaner wax, but it was frozen). I even skipped the pre-wax cleaner...you`ll see why..

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Cleaner, but the scratches remain. I could`ve touched it up, but that`s just treating the injury, instead of addressing the problem...

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
3M Bumper Guards. I actually bought these a couple of months earlier, but I was trying not to put them on. Now was the time that I had to....or else tolerating a marked up bumper and/or facing another bumper repaint..

The benefit of these is that they are not painted, so they won`t chip or scratch. Brand new they even have a sheen to them. Here they go.....let`s hope for a good fit!

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Actually in person it looks good. It blends nicely, and it should block the bumps that seems to favor this spot on my front bumper. The rear bumper is less likely (for me) to get tagged (Actually in NY the rear bumper gets the worst of it. I have little bumperette guards in store just in case)

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Back in action!

PS: Despite the salt and snow, the P21S wax is holding up well!

MongooseGA
01-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Do you have the option of parking far from your building? I assume you`d try that before anything else, so i guess the question is kind of redundant.

Otherwise, I`m glad you found a solution. Now to fix the problems of corporate America parking spaces. :mad:

lbls1
01-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I actually park two blocks away. The problem is that so does every one else. I use this car to drive to work so as I won`t have to drive car #1 (I would be in intensive care right around now if it were car #1). People think nothing of bumping your car and such....but let the inconsiderate person be there if you "accidentally" tag them......he or she will act like you hit their mother or something...

kompressornsc
01-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I see a lot of older people that use other people`s cars to know where their car is-when you bump the car in front of you, it`s time for reverse, when you bump the car behind you, it`s time for drive. I had a neighbor that use to do this when she parallel parked-even if there was plenty of space, she always tagged the car in front or back of her and then centered it up from there. She was very careful and slow when doing it, but she still did it.

Perhaps you see it more with older people becasue they`re use to the big chrome/rubber bumpers?

6']['9
01-29-2005, 07:55 PM
this has happened many times to me, but if im sitting in the TA and someone parks next to me the radio goes off and so does the car. The limo tint doesnt let them know anyones in the car if i hear a bump, or ding im getting off :argue Its happened many times. But theres also many of times when i park next to people and i get off but i make sure my hand is on the door at ALL times.

I dont want to ding their door and i dont want any paint on my door either.;)

JeffM
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I think a good approach would be to install a motion sensor that activates a camera.

lbls1
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
lol........nice idea.....but it might outstretch my car budget. It just kills me how some people just write it off as "its just a car" and that type of thinking.

You do have to live with the marks though. I sure hope those guards work.

raymond_ho2002
01-29-2005, 10:23 PM
lbls1,

Where did you get those 3M bumper guards? I was unable to google more info about them.

JeffM
01-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I had someone hit the bottom of my rear quarter panel while they were pulling into a parking spot at a restraunt. They ate and left before i did, and I still have the scuff on my car....

lbls1
01-29-2005, 10:54 PM
I got them from Autosport. Correction: the actual name of the product is Pacer Bumper Guards w/ 3M acrylic foam tape.

I get a catalog about every 3 weeks from Autosport (yes those annoying catalogs that clutter the mail. They have some good tidbits in it though).

Their website is www.autosportcatalog.com